Warrenton is about 262 miles from the KAS Barn in Randburg.  It is a village just north of Kimberley which is Vivienne's hometown, and located in the North Cape Province of South Africa.  Know that your KAS Shop purchase of Distribution Support helped make this delivery possible.

Vivienne took a large number of items to Warrenton on December 26.  The distributions consisted mostly of Christmas blankets as you will see from the pictures. Not all the blankets were distributed at one time.  Vivienne's contact will do more distributions when the cooler weather returns and we will get more pictures.

Warrenton is an area that struggles badly, as it is a bit off the beaten track and is forgotten by many groups.  There are about 25,000 people that live in Warrenton.

PS  This Thank You note was received in February 2019  from the Tswelelopele Community Creche in Warrenton, Northern Cape.

"Blessed is the hand that gives, because it will receive abundantly. Words will never be enough to thank you for what we received from Knit-a-Square.
May the good Lord continue to bless you and your families, so that you may look out to the needy.
Thank you so much
Yours,
Motlabi."

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh its good to see the blankets going to underserved areas!

I agree.  The forgotten areas need even more help!  Thank you gals for driving all that distance to reach them!

Thank you Vivienne.  

Thank you for the inspiring photos.  Also, I really like the maps you are including.  It helps me to visualize the areas and the work you are doing.  (I remember a university professor I once had who said,

"when doing any report, the first thing to remember is - MAP!!!!!"  She was awesome.

I agree. The maps totally help me visualize where towns are situated.  Great photos girls and guys thank you!

Susanne, are those some of your bears I see in the pictures?

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Baskets of Yarn
for the Barn

Available in small, medium and large!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JANUARY 2019 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Gloria Grandy Jan 29.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service