You are invited to

It’s that time of year when we dig out our recipe boxes, make a list of needed ingredients, and start baking up batches of Christmas Cookies – those ones the family looks forward to all year.
Since we can’t get together as a group, we thought that a ‘virtual’ exchange would be fun. We hope that you all will share your favourite recipes below.
What fun to try a member’s recipe from France, Germany, England, South Africa, Croatia, Canada, the USA, or any of the other multitude of countries represented in KAS.
Anything goes, as long as you think it is delicious. It can be calorie laden, gluten free, easy or challenging to make, squares (the edible kind – not knitted!), and not even a cookie! Christmas puddings and cakes, fudge and other Christmas sweets are also welcome.
If you have a photo of your baking, please post it with your recipe, if not – no worries.
If your recipe has been handed down, we can consider it an original (no need for a source), if you found it on the back of a bag like Chipits, please mention where it came from.
Because we represent so many countries, and some of us are on metric and others are not, here is a Conversion Chart:

Views: 1453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely going to try this one!   It looks particularily yummy.  Champion of the show - Congratulations, Wendy!!!  xo

I can't say better than this.   Congrats Wendy

This is one of my favourite biscuit/cookie recipes, because they're not only delicious but quick and easy to make (I particularly like 'melting' recipes, as they're advantageous for anyone with arthritic hands who may find 'creaming' or 'rubbing in' more difficult.)  The only problem I find with these biscuits is their tendency to disappear when family members drop in unexpectedly! But then it's easy enough to make more .......

GOLDEN  OATIES

(from Mary Ford's book 'Biscuit Recipes')

115g/4oz  butter or margarine

30ml/2tbsp   golden syrup

115g/4oz   self-raising flour

115g/4oz   light brown soft sugar

115g/4oz   rolled oats

10ml/2tsp water

Melt the butter and syrup together (I use the microwave), mix in the remaining ingredients and leave to cool for 5 minutes.  Form mixture into small balls and place well apart on greased or lined baking trays.

Bake for approx. 25 minutes at 150C/300F. Leave on trays for a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.

(P.S. I also love shortbread,especially with the addition of some crystallized ginger.)

Oh Leslie, my old hands and wrists will be delighted with this recipe.  I do find it hard to stir or mix some things.  I often have to call on someone else to do that bit for me ... haha ... xo

These look so quick and easy.   They sound very similar to the ANZAC biscuits that I discovered in Australia and quickly became addicted to!   I ate one almost every day for four years.

Golden syrup is a magical ingredient.  Recipes often state that US residents can substitute corn syrup, but it is a poor second, in my opinion.  Especially when the real thing is available in places like World Market, Whole Foods, or online.   Definitely worth the trip.

Image result for christmas cookie memes"

LOL Anne.  Just showed this to Kevin and he said, "Hey, I'd pick that one!!!" ... xo

DO-DABS

(quick, easy and delicious)

2 squares unsweetened chocolate (2 oz)

1 can sweetened condensed milk (300 ml)

1 ¼ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs

Desiccated coconut

Melt chocolate over hot water in double boiler, add milk and cook until thick.  Stir in crumbs. Mix well.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto plate of coconut and roll into balls.

Oh Anne, these look so yummy!!!  I'm adding them to my waistline to-make list ... hahaha ... xo

I have to try these, too.

Anne, we do similar " balls" /how we call them/, but ingredients are a bit different. But I believe they taste divine!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The DECEMBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Slip Stitch Square

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service