Ever wonder what happens with all that mail that arrives in South Africa?  It goes to the KAS Barn where many volunteers SORT everything out to eventually be distributed to local children.

Please check in here on a regular basis to see photos from all the activity in the KAS Barn during 2020.

Views: 768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All those hand warmers were distributed to really needy children this afternoon Karen. They were beautifully packed and all the same perfect size...it made our task so much easier. Thank you. 
Athelé will post photos on Facebook in the next couple of days. 

Oh thank you for such a beautiful message - you gave me tears down my cheeks ❤️

There are photos from The Barn on February.

On a personal note it was a great day for me.  My husband, our friend Phill and I got to spend the day in The Barn being a part of all the activity.  As you will see the men were busy photographing and folding the blankets.  Then they filled the empty shelves to almost the rooftop.  An incredible day.  More details  will following in this month's Snippets.

Wandi, Mabel and Lindi welcomed Richard and I to The Barn.

Richard and Phill working on unpacking boxes from Croatia filled with perfect squares.

We just had to give the toys from Knit for Life a test run.

Estelle teaching the guys how to make blanket packs for the gogos.

Estelle made this wonderful blanket using one of Amy's picture squares of a zebra.

Richard and Phill were so fast when it was time to leave, all the post was opened.

Stack the blankets to make a KAS cake...

...Photograph...

...Fold...

...And fill up all the shelves for the next distribution.

Audrey and Amy

Bonji working on sorting squares.

Filling up the KAS Van with blanket packs for the gogos.  Each bag contains enough squares for 9 blankets.

Ronda got a new desk as her other one was falling apart.

This amazing blanket by Sharon B. will be a great teaching tool for any creche.

Here are some photos from February 11.

Of note on opening day -  There was a package received and on the outside it was labeled clothing.  This was for the hats/beanies that were in the package.  Please only state squares on the outside of your package as clothing is most likely to have excess custom charges placed on them.  An added expense that KAS cannot afford to pay.

Blanket packs ready to go our to gogo groups.

Goodies gather for a upcoming distribution by Wandi.

We are now stacking blankets on the very top shelves.  The shelves will be empty soon.

Over 100 small blankets for Sister Sue and possibly a new maternity ward at Sebokeng Hospital.

Please remember that our primary mission is to provide preschoolers with blankets that are 100 cm X 140 cm, or 40 inches X 56 inches.  In 2020 we are hoping to distribute 6,000 blankets, that is 1,000 more than in 2019.

Just a few pictures from February 18.

Bozinca Duracic's doll named Ronda.  Bozinca is from Croatia.

Chris Chiplen's blanket arrived in The Barn.

Letters for community service.

All absolutely fabulous thank you.    I love a good look through your pictures.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JANUARY 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

KNIT DIAGONAL SQUARE

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service