Square Circle Forum

I have been crocheting afghans (that keep turning into BLANKETS, purposely, of course) for a very long time and squares for WARM UP AMERICA a few years back.

Everything came out well and to my picky satisfaction!

I'm home due to an illness and thought I could help out, too!

I've ordered enough yarn to be embarassed and some books for inspiration. I've completed a few squares and tried a few different hook and yarn combinations and one thing I've learned the very hard way is that a single strand of yarn, is not warm enough. Two strands of Caron Simply Soft would be great as a spring through fall throw.

I tried again with one strand of the one pound yarn and that was slightly better but not as thick as I see the children wrapped in on the website.

I began using two strands of the one pound worsted weight yarn (practice yarn) and I CANNOT MAKE AN 8 INCH SQUARE!

I work on this everyday and I've gotten a degree in frogging.

I've tried working with one hook and one yarn and documented the results. Switched the hook, the yarn, the room I'm crocheting in

and I just do not know how to get two strands to 8 inches (or one even!)

Suggestions re: this . . . challenge . . . will be very, very appreciated!

Thank you all!

Views: 615

Replies to This Discussion

ok this is what I do, first of all my dear hubby cut out an 8x8 square from cardboard and I use this to measure my squares, I use a no 4 or 4,5 hook and between 28 or 30 chain, depending on the wool and I use dk wool hope this helps

oops just seen I have already told you this so sorry

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service