Square Circle Forum

SQUARES LIST 2018

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value. If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare $1.00. Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                        3.Check Postage before mailing 

********************************************************************************************************

**************************************************************************************************************

Views: 8616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bev, I asked at my local PO about delivery times and they said they guarantee that a parcel will arrive in the country of destination in 10-14 days, but it can take much longer for it to then reach the final destination, depending on the efficiency of the country. i.e. it arrives at a major port/airport in 10-14 days, but will then likely be taken by road to a sorting centre then sent out to the nearest collection centre, before finally being taken to the actual delivery address.

I asked, as I sent a parcel Airmail to Canada once and it took almost a month before the recipient actually had it in hand. I was getting really worried it was lost!

Thank you for this info, Wendy. I tend not to ask too many questions at my p.o. All they said to me was 10+ days, but they couldn't (or maybe didn't want to) say how many days the 'plus' was.  :))  Your p.o. sounds better informed.

Thank you Anneke. Bev, the 5 parcels from Sandra, and the 3 from me were posted in early Dec, Jan, Feb and March ( not air mail).  Last week Little Libraries received 3 parcels in one day from me posted Dec, Dec, Feb and March and JBAY received my large parcel of Winter clothes posted in Feb.           my Africa theme parcel for Mandela Dayarrived just in time, so for next year I plan to have my Africa theme goodies completed and posted by end of this Dec. to be on the safe side.  I will label them  as being for Mandela Day, but save my photos until the Africa Theme month

I think that's the way to go, Susanne.....and I had had that plan in the back of my mind for this year, too. Problem is so many plans in the back of my mind....and I'm small-minded....LOL

Anneke, I noticed that in the French parcel arrivals, there were 3 from Retirement Home. I was just wondering if there were a way to find out where the parcels originated in France. I know thet 1 of my retirement homes had 1 package that they sent, but I don't know if that's the same as the home on the list.  Is there anyone in SA whom I could ask for more info?  I ask because normally I let them know when the parcels arrive.

I was happy to see that my last 2 arrived safely and ver quickly this time.

Hi Valerie, The 3 parcels are coming from a retirement home (most likely EHPAD Roux de Berny)  in St. Germain l'Herm 63630. Hope to have been of help.

Thank you, Anneke. That's what I was hoping to find out. This is a retirement home in the tiny village where my mother-in-law was born. I go spend several weeks in the summer with her there.  I'll visit the home and let them know that their parcels arrived safely.

Oh Valerie, that's fantastic news! The ladies from the retirement home will be pleased to hear that their parcels have arrived safely! And so many squares! Vive la France! Wonderful. So nice that you share that MIL was born there :-)  xoxo

The July 2018 Squares List is available.

MONTHLY TOTALS

In July we received 12.250 squares, equal to 350 blankets.

In total 89.907 squares, equal to 2.568 blankets!

Only 80 parcels were received due to a postal strike. Luckily the strike is over, so might your name not be on the July list, in August a mountain of parcels arrived at Knit-a-Square, please click HERE to see a photo of the parcels and a message from Estelle and Ronda.

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

By means of this hearts square made by Bev Jeffery

WE THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!

Please see the JULY squares list below:

Attachments:

A message for Sue Gillman. Sue, I just noticed that there is a mistake in the column "Country". UK should read New Zealand. My apologies. I have corrected it now in the original spreadsheet.

good to see the number of squares going up despite the mini postal strike. Yay for the school!

Thanks Anneke it's fine. At least I can see my parcel of toys arrived [with a few squares for disguise]

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Nov 25.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service