Square Circle Forum

On parcel opening day at Ronda's home, if she gets a chance she enjoys taking photographs of various items received from the Post Office.  Obviously, Ronda cannot be expected to take pics of everything, but it would be nice from time-to-time to see what arrives.  Many wonderful contributors do not feature their work on the Forum so we are likely to get a chance to see other interesting garments and squares!

Views: 17653

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, well done Linda - they all look great.

Thanks ladies !  I found a great deal on children's turtlenecks and scooped up as many as I could.  

The slip-over on the right is made from donated rectangles. I added a heart pocket using Anneke's pattern. 

Jeanne, whenever I made something to give away I always attach a card with the inscription "This was made especially for you" .  For South Africa I add "by Linda, your friend in Canada".

That's so thoughtful, Linda. It's a great ideaand makes the contribution so much more personal.

Great package from Linda!

I see a pile of squares I made... small photo on the right. Always good to see they made it!
:-)

I thought they looked like your squares :-)  Ronda and the team were very busy last month.  Imagine sorting and cataloguing all those squares and garments !!

Jeanne, I heartily agree with you. It does do us good to see what love and thoughtfulness goes into all these contributions. I've just got back from my Thursday "stitch and bitch" session with the Entente Cordiale group. Apart from the good time I have with them, I learn all kinds of things. A lady who came to visit the group said that she'd been in a neighbouring town and in one café/bar, the owner had put a box available for those who wanted to to put squares in. Presumably they'll either bring them to us, send them directly to SA or let us know when there are enough to pick up.

In 2 weeks there's going to be a Fête organised by the Entente Cordiale Association for a couple who are going to join their son in Malawi, and are fund-raising to help the organisation the son works for. They're very kindly letting us have a KAS stand, and we'll be selling home made cakes and cookies to raise money to pay for our postage and for buying wool.

Wonderful Valerie !  Let's hope the cafe will send the squares directly.

Good [ and tasty ] way to fundraise for postage.  Cakes and cookies are always big sellers at festivals. 

They have already sent a package, as I saw it posted in the April squares tally. It's JJ's bar in Aigurande.

I spotted another local addition from someone called Walsh from Chalus. Chalus is just the other side of Limoges from us. I'm going to try and find out how they came to hear about KAS.

I saw JJ's bar and wondered if that was the cafe.  It's wonderful that they took the initiative and sent them.  Exciting when there are more people in your area who are helping KAS !

I'm hoping this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Although iceberg is not quite the right image as we are trying to warm the children!

Many of the English people I've met here tell methat they have friends and relatives back in GB who are knitters, and they are getting them to make squares.

More opening day pics from 2010 :

I just spotted a photo with squares I sent on June 18, 2010! The second photo from the top.

Here's a photo of the squares before I shipped them.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service