Very late opening this thread this year for various reasons that you know about but lots of pictures have now been received and should be posted over the next few days. Many more will appear in the Blanket Room 2017 which will be opened shortly.

Views: 18389

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

These teddies are fantastic.  Thank you for all these great photos.

I’m very happy to see that the 2 blankets and teddies I sent arrived safely.  I bet the teddies were happy to get out of the box and back into fresh air. :)))

They were Joan and said that they couldn’t wait for the picnic. 

Thank you for the photos...lovely to see their smiling faces.  :))

Estelle's update for this week:

KNIT A SQUARE barn. From March 20 to today...almost there and once again many many thanks to all who have made this possible.

Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes

More from Estelle:

So nice to see Ronda at The Barn with Leanne whose hands are never idle

Image may contain: 2 people, including Ronda Lowrie, people smiling, people sitting

Edith Galitshana and Bongani Makhaya delivering a boot full of lovely blankets. Thank you Edith and Bongani.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Vivienne always smiling and Bongi about to attack a great big parcel of squares.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, shoes and indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Lovely Lindiwe sorting away and Nani very busy!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and hat

Mabel is on a mission today. She is actually standing counting squares. She has also unpacked all the blankets from the ISO Elderly Group. Well done Mabel that’s back breaking stuff.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and shoes

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Nice to see your smiling face back after all the holidays Athele.
Audrey counting away. We can all count to 35 now in fact we do it in our sleep.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor

Amazing!    It is so nice to see the nearly empty shelves become totally stuffed shelves, ready for the main distribution season.   

But then further down we also get to see the tables, absolutely groaning under the stacks of squares and toys, and the full bags in the corner, ready to head out the door.   So much work gets accomplished so quickly.

Big smile on my face now!

Sharon your blankets and squares put a great big smile on our faces. Your teddies, lions, butterflies and bunnies etc are amazing. Sometimes it takes awhile to collect the perfect squares to go with them but eventually we get there and hopefully the blankets are to your liking. The children certainly love them. These blankets be they picture themed squares or plain janes from all of our contributors are the most precious gifts they have ever received. Thank you.

Thanks to all of you, Estelle, for taking our individual squares and turning them into beautiful blankets.

Also, thank you for adding a little story to the photos...it just makes me smile with your fun comments.

I am amazed how none of you are fazed by a table full of squares to sort and match....you are all stars!!!!

Great to see the once almost empty shelves full again, looks like magic! I know it is really hard work that does it though! Lovely to see everyone hard at work on keeping the shelves stocked. No doubt there will be many, many blankets marching out the doors soon. Well done everyone!

I am in awe of how those  piles of squares turn into beautiful blankets. When you see so many  squares it looks impossible. Thanks to ALL the sorting [ counting to 35] volunteers, sewing ladies,men, and Gogos. It is also amzing how many knitters and crocheters there are all around the world, all beavering away with their crochet hooks and knitting needles just for KAS. 

It's all so beautiful, all the work of so many hands. 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MAY 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

KNIT - HANDWARMERS

KNIT - TWISTED RIB HANDWARMERS

CROCHET - HANDWARMERS

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service