Square Circle Forum

Views: 3070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Normally I try and keep 'one blanket ahead', so that I have something in readiness; unfortunately in August, I thought that the September theme was The Seasons...... oops! So here is my belated September blanket for The lovely Seaside theme.........

Sand and sea and a memory of my grandparents and parents sitting on beach chairs (we used to call them deck chairs), whilest the children sat on the sand, busy making sand castles.....

Beautiful representation Chris!   I too remember deck chairs for the adults while we children played in the sand...beside the lake rather than the sea.

Yes, I remember the good ol' deck chairs.

LOVE, love, love your blanket, Chris. One of our state football teams (we have two) won the national grand final, last weekend. They are the West Coast Eagles and their colours are blue and gold.  :))

I knew it would be worth the wait, Chris - thank you - I love it!  My favourite colours (as I may have mentioned elsewhere!), and I have similar happy memories of deck chairs and sandcastles.....

We called them deckchairs - I still do as a matter of fact  - and my Nana had one with a sort of built in sunshade at the top!  I had forgotten about that!  We also had wind breaks, like a length of the same cloth as the deckchairs with posts at each end and in the middle to hammer into the sand at the beach.

Just looked it up and they are Edwardian!!!

An inspiring, fun theme Lesley

Current projects hot off the needles to complete my contribution to this fun theme : 23 waffle style squidgy sand coloured squares - and 8 nautical looking diagonal squares. 

Thank you ever so much for hosting this theme - it's been ace!    You were a super host Lesley X

Thank you for another amazing collection of squares, Karen. As always, I'm in awe of your wonderfully neat diagonals, and the 'sand' squares are going to add great texture to some blankets.

WOW Karen!!! Sometimes I think you must knit in your sleep!! 

LOVE your waffle squares.  :)) The pops of white in your diagonals are brill. I love stripes, as long as I am not the one making them....I hate sewing in lots of ends...I am so slow at it.  :((

Cheers Bev.  I only knit a few needing ends sewn in a time as it's a faff + I'd rather be knitting more squares.   We can't have it all though can we - rough with the smooth I tell myself X

I'm late, again....

Two beach umbrellas (or beach balls, maybe?):

Sand, surf, and beach towel:

Beach huts:

Well worth the (tiny) wait, Linda!! They are all fun squares, but I REALLY love your beach hits....how delightful !!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Nov 25.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service