Square Circle Forum

Views: 3055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And there's that octopus!!! Wow. Such wonderful work Patricia. 

I'm loving all the seaside squares !  Great colours and the pictures squares are fabulous and will be a delight for the children.

My contribution.

Sun shining into the deep blue sea.  C2C box stitch on the left and right, plus my signature wheel spoke in the middle [conveniently renamed 'sun' :-)

September 2018 By the Seaside

White caps:

The ripple pattern is such an easy pattern that I got carried away!  My excuse is I was chatting to my sister and didn't bother to check the length of the square.  By the time I did, it was definitely longer than 8 inches so I decided to continue and see how long I could make the strip before I ran out of yarn.  The strip is 3 squares equivalent and I had a teeny tiny bit of each colour left.

Sept 2018 Waves

LOVE your pretty white caps, Linda....they will really make a statement! Your sun is really popping, too. SUPER!!

All great squares, Linda - thank you. The variegated yarn is perfect for the sea, and the wheel spoke 'sun' is a lovely touch.  And the ripples - what can I say, except that I'm so glad you got carried away!

All beautiful squares, but I particularly like the white caps :))

And they are so pretty! 

September 2018 Theme - I do Love to be Beside the Seaside

Flippa! I loved the theme song to this tv series when I was a child.

When I got half way through this square, I couldn't decide if it was blue or green, as it looked different in different light settings. I was worried it was green. I looked at the label to see if it gave me an indication as to what colour it should be. The label said 'ocean'.....yay!!

My children always insist that shades I call green are actually blue but I suppose none of us know if we're seeing the same as other people. At least nobody can argue with 'ocean' for this theme, Bev, - let's agree that it's a greeny blue or a bluey green! The dolphin is amazing.

Just back from a day out on the west coast, and the sea was definitely this colour - somewhere between green and blue!  Bev, this is absolutely stunning - thank you!

Sadly, the sea nearest to where I live (the North Sea) is most likely to be this uninviting colour:

Image result for felixstowe sea colour

Brr !  From what I know of the North Sea it is also very cold !

Fantastic Flipper.  I too remember the song and the TV show.  Oh dear, now I'll be humming the theme song.  Exchanged it for Octopus' Garden lol

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service