As you will all know, Ronda in South Africa needs funds to enable her and her wonderful team to continue distributing the blankets, hats, hand warmers and toys that we make and send.

We don’t like to keep asking members to contribute financially, but without the necessary funds, KAS SA would struggle to continue to help the vulnerable children.

So…

We thought it would be a fun idea for members, and perhaps friends and family of our members, to plant a virtual ‘KAS Garden’ by donating $5 for each flower, fruit, vegetable, shrub or tree chosen.

Please choose something from the list and share with us the reason for your choice… it could be a favourite of yours, or a loved one, or perhaps a happy memory.

It may be that what you want isn’t on the list. If so, please tell us what you would like to plant. I hope we can also learn from each other, as what may be favourites in one country may not even grow in another!

It doesn’t matter at all if more than one person chooses the same flower; it will be nice to have something else in common with each other, in addition to our love for KAS.

We hope that over the next 6 weeks our garden will grow, and as it is a virtual garden, all things will grow well together, no matter what the season. The best thing is that there won’t be a bug in sight!

Views: 843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have just learned that a friend of mine in France hasn’t been well, and has been in hospital. She enjoys gardening, so I thought I would plant something in our KAS garden for her and let her know.

Lavender......

Thank you Chris. The lavender in our garden is just coming into bloom and attracting lots of bees, but not many butterflies yet.

I would like:

1) freesias for my mum. She had a perfect sense of smell except for freesias. She couldn't smell them at all. So it became a joke between us and I'd always take her a bunch of freesias when I went to visit.

2) Sweet peas for my dad. When I was very small, my parents had a lovely garden and my father gave me a small patch where I could grow whatever I wanted. Every year I grew sweet peas. Dad would buy me a packet of seeds when it was time to plant them.

I've made the 10$ donation.

Thank you Valerie for joining our garden planting and sharing your lovely memories with us. 

We have something else in common...... my father gave me a small patch of garden when I was a girl, to grow whatever I wanted. At that time, I planted everything in straight rows, and everything was short stemmed to keep it tidy! I thought the regimented rows looked great..... oh dear, so glad that changed as I learned to appreciate the diversity of flowers, shape, scent, colour, size........ and curved borders! 

Freesias

Sweet Peas

Our KAS Garden will look and smell wonderful :))

The Cherry Blossom is pretty much over here now so perhaps we could plant a tree or two to prolong the season.

What a lovely idea, would anone like to plant a flowering cherry tree in our KAS garden?

Sorry, Chris, I should have said I've made my donation ... but anybody is welcome to plant another one, of course!

Oh thank you Patricia! Sorry I was a bit slow in understanding....... but I have now planted a beautiful flowering cherry for you in the KAS garden.

Flowering Cherry

Jude Sullivan sent me this quote earlier, thank you Jude.........

After two weeks of gardening, we have raised $125 to help Ronda keep KAS SA running, enabling her and her team to help vulnerable children.

Please keep me busy planting, every $5 is  a great enabler! 

Our garden is shaping up beautifully, Chris!  Here's hoping the members will keep your green thumb busy!

I haven't seen our 'garden' in a while so what a treat to see so many floral contributions adorning these pages!  My son gave me a gorgeous clematis for Mother's Day and I would love to share it with my KASfriends.  

Chris, could you plant one - a Nelly Moser - for everyone to see how beautiful it is :)  Thank you ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The APRIL 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

PLAIN JANE SQUARE – KNIT

PLAIN JANE SQUARE – CROCHET

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service