Square Circle Forum

Ronda and Wendy have been producing quite a catalogue of photographs from the recent distributions, rather than post them a few at a time, it was decided to create a discussion page where they could be displayed more speedily so that members might be able to spot their squares, garments or hats earlier!  Spotting one of our own creations in Africa really does spur as on to even greater creativity!

Here is one of the gorgeous children in a
'before' and 'after' photo!

Often one reads comments from members wishing they could do more, but the only thing we have to do, is exactly the amount of goodness that each of us has available from looking after our families etc.,  EVERY SQUARE  is so very valuable, and it does make a difference. KAS members have contributed an astonishing number of squares during the last 4 and half years - added together, we have brought comfort and warmth to thousands upon thousands of deprived, vulnerable, and, sadly often unwell children.  Below is a quote from one of the loveliest Africans to grace that continent - Bishop Desmond Tutu which really summarises everything the KAS Band of Sisters & Brothers do, day in day out, freely and without thought of self!  We knit & crochet to support these children totally unconditionally.

Views: 15572

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This is batch no.6 from Nancefield, and, the last of Ronda's photographs. However, Wendy has also sent quite a number which I'll sort through and add later.

The children played on, and the children loved the bikes so much that they did not want to give them up - so, read a book - sitting on the bike!

The gathering.

Getting ready for the "thank you" speeches. The local leader, called Indunas, attend the hand-over and they were so grateful for "helping them develop the future of our country - our children."

It was such fun to see the children touching and playing with the sand. My sister-in-law is an educational psychologist and she was thrilled we got these - very important for a child's tactile development.

Everyone having fun!                                          Colouring!

He is busy comparing the puzzle with the pic - you can see they are nice strong puzzles.

The Wall Charts                                                     A very happy little boy!

Building he engineering blocks.                        Our little soccer loner!

Everyone enjoys the colouring books.

Ronda and Lindi with he children.

These two young lady's could not stop posing for the camera. It was difficult to understand what they were trying to achieve because of the language barrier. But, I kept showing them the photos I took and I think they enjoyed seeing pics of themselves!

Quiet time with Annette

Building sandcastles and building blocks!

Getting ready to leave.....

Collapsed on the couch at Wandi's house!  We stopped there to collect a whole heap of blankets that the gogo's had sewn up. That accounts for some of the hundreds of blanket pics I have! We have a string of distributions planned between now and 13th December.

Piling the blankets into the KasVan

Wendy loading second-hand clothing that was donated too!

Here are some of the Nancefield photographs taken by Wendy :

The shopping spread! Westpack was truly amazing. We walked around and chose the various items, taking only one of each, and, then the gentleman who assisted us, noted the quantities and colours required. Eventually when it became time to pay, Westpack gave us a 5% discount! This valuable discount enabled us to buy the food we took to Nancefield. Westpack also delivered free of charge and travelled in convoy with us. Chadwin their driver was a lovely man!

Wendy & Lesley with trollies and trollies of goodies!

Unloading!

This whole story just warms the heart ... and brings tears of joy!  So much love and effort, but what a great result!   High Fives to all.

Another instalment of the wonderful Nancefield story - The Wall Charts.

These posters are wonderful!  So colourful and educational and fun at the same time.  The children will really love these I know.

More photos of Nancefield from Wendy!

A colour explosion!

He was trying to eat the plastic food!                    How does this hula hoop thing work!

Colouring station and puzzle station - ready for action!

This adorable little boy would throw the ball and try to kick it - he has obviously watched soccer, but he would inevitably miss and have to run and fin the ball.

How to hula hoop - ahem.........

Ronda unpacking blocks                                       Annette and Donna

Ronda showing us the shopping trolley and contents.

Stunning sets of wooden blocks!

Puzzle mat building!   These sand & water tables have a cover so they can

be used as tables too!

What a wonderul and heartening collection of photos. I love the little boy who's trying to eat the plastic food. Poor sweetheart. I hope he got some real food inside him.

I cannot get enough looking at the photos!  I am SO proud of us!!  What a great feeling, to have this direct impact.  

I just spent some time showing my parents the photos, as they also donated to the fundraiser....they were thrilled to see what was accomplished.  It seems like so much was bought with the amount of money, clearly you all worked very hard to make the money go as far as possible!  I am sure you were all exhausted by the time the set-up was done; but what a wonderful job you did and such a huge impact for these children!!  Big hugs to you all!  XOXOXO

I agree with Mary Anne 100%.  What a thrill to see where the dollars went and wowsers, how much was done with so little it seems....talk about stretching a dollar until it squeaked....bravo ladies, these pictures are tremendously encouraging!

Batch No.7 from Wendy : 

The biggest hit of all!

The kids are exploring right across the gym!

Everyone's on the puzzle mat!

Learning how to see-saw!                                       Enjoying the building blocks!                                  

The little boy retired to the bike after soccer ? Those bikes are such a hit. I love everything.  I looked again at the blocks which have colours and patterns and size and shapes, all sorts for the children to experiment with. I can imagine they can't wait to get to daycare everyday now.

Agree Sue - with so many children absorbed and able to function without constant supervision, the teachers and helpers can provide attention to the 'traumatised' children who may need extra TLC.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service