Square Circle Forum

OCTOBER 2017 THEME - GORGEOUS GRANNIES & GARTERS AND VARIEGATED WONDERS

"Variety is the Spice of Life"- and this month's theme offers plenty of variety whatever your level of skills in knitting or crochet.

Let  your imagination run riot with  yarn, colour,  stitch  and texture to create squares, blankets, hand warmers or toys, whether a  traditional crochet granny square,  in knitted garter stitch -  we love Plain Janes  - or in the wonderful range of variegated yarn. 

Or try your hand at something new  - there are lots of ideas on the KAS Pattern Book

Do share your pictures of grannies, garters and variegated wonders  on the KAS Square Forum page - under Photos and also under Discussion Categories for the October 2017 theme.   We look forward to seeing them.

Update:  Linda has kindly created two photo albums of the beautiful squares, blankets, toys, hand-wrmers and hats that KAS members have made this month to far  - an amazing and impressive collection with many not featured on the specific October page, so do take a look at the links below.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/october-2017-gorgeous-g...

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/oct-2017-album-2-grann

Postcript: 

With apologies, I prepared this introduction ages ago with lots of your lovely squares as examples of grannies, garters and variegated wonders - but I have spent all afternoon trying to post it, and it keeps telling me I am way, way over the no. of characters allowed. I admit I am not very IT savvy, but I have resized images, edited the text to no avail. So instead - here it is in plain words.

I look forward to you all adding lots of colour to this month's theme.

THANK YOU.

Views: 4461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

October 2017 Theme - Gorgeous Grannies and Garters & Variegated Wonders

Three pair handwarmers in some yarn I bought online from the UK, called Hayfields Bonus Buzz.

A very frustrated knitter this month. Soooo many variegated yarns that I want to knit, but am busy helping cleaning, packing up and painting my eldest son's house in readiness to sell. I have discovered many muscles and joints I had forgotten I had.  :((

Taking a break tomorrow and dogsitting for my middle son....Yay!! Knitting time!!!

They look lovely and warm.

Good luck with your painting, packing and dogsitting!!!

The colors, Bev, remind me of heather on the hillside. Good luck with the house sale - but exercise your knitting needles instead, until you have to unpack it all after the move!!

My favourite variegated diagonals.  

photo

photo

photo

Delicious colours, Susan....I love half and half diagonals.  :))

Lovely. I really like that blue variegated.

I do like your colour combination, Maggie, of turquouse and burnt orange - very effective.

Totally agree, Susan....two GREAT squares, Maggie.  :))

These are lovely and colourful. Goodcolour combinations!

Yesterday Alice of the Earlston Wednesday Club came round with a bag packed full of 48  squares - mainly plain janes and striped garters - a wonderful contribution.  but like Valerie (though not on the same scale), I will be kept busy "butterflying"  them.

photo

Yay for Alice.......LOVE the lemon and lime stripes.  :))

More lovely colours.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Nov 25.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service