This discussion is for patterns for toys or miscellaneous items.

We ask that you only post items that you have made (not links) and that you include a photo

Views: 5942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those who want the Sydney The Owl pattern, I just posted it here. I hope it's readable, because it's a scanned copy. I had written it all out, but when I got half way through it all disappeared and I really didn't have the courage to type it up again.

PLEASE remember, this is not my pattern. It was first published May 2013 in KNIT NOW magazine. The photo here is one my friend Gill Watson made.

Thanks so  much for posting this, Valerie.  Tell Gill I love the expression on her owl - it's better than the pattern.  Makes we want to write captions.....  Like "What do you mean - fly??"  or "What? mouse again for dinner??"

Lovely! I'll have to remember to tell Gill that. It's true that this owl is absolutely gorgeous. You just want to take ir home with you. I think the children will love it. She's making as many as possible for our fundraiser at the end of the month. They should sell well.

I agree, very clever captions Anne.  Those are adorable owls and if the knitting abbreviations didn't lose me completely I might try one....I see it's basically a rectangle so one could do it just knitted and then embroider the feathers on his tummy afterwards I suppose.   Sure is cute!

Just printed this guy off, now having grandsons and a daughter who loves owls gives me extra incentive and these will be quick to knit up for KAS as well.

I’m suffering from tennis elbow at the moment which is severely hampering my ability to crochet.  As a result I’ve turned my attention to other things I can do – like these dominos:

I printed these onto paper and them laminated them but they would work just as well printed onto card.  If anyone is interested in doing the same, the links are here:

Attachments:

Thanks so much for posting this, Elaine.  What a great idea - a set of these will provide hours of fun for the creche kids and would be educational as well.  I love the bright colours, and laminating will make them last for a very long time.

Sorry about your elbow.  Hope you are soon back "on the hook".  Meanwhile, you represent all that is best about KasFolk - "If I can't do one thing, I will do another".  Bravo!

These are terrific Elaine, so much fun and educational too - a great thing to do while your elbow is hurting - hope it is better soon.

I agree, what a super idea...a game and number and color recognition and counting, all in one!  Hope your elbow heals up really soon Elaine and thanks for reminding us that there's always something we can do for the kids!

Okay Anne,  Here is the pattern and poem for the little echidna.. hope you all enjoy him making him as much as I did...

Attachments:

Thank you for posting this Elaine.  I have some "hairy" wool I've been wondering what do do with.... now I know!!!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The APRIL 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

PLAIN JANE SQUARE – KNIT

PLAIN JANE SQUARE – CROCHET

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service