Views: 1787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Chris, I could have used this tractor and the farmer with his bulging muscles this weekend as we were sprucing up the property trimming trees, bushes and such.  I love these colors and this is a terrific applique.  

This farmer is Vrooming off to the crops.

Chris, I had to come in for a closer look at this 'hunky' driver.  Thanks for the heads-up, gals ... hahaha ... xo

Hi Amy

No squares or blanket to show you yet, but a funny story from this morning.

i needed to go down the street to go to the bank, so decided to go early to avoid too many people.

i do drive but often a bus is easier for me.  Anyway once on the bus decided that as I had finished my blanket for Bev's 'A Night at the Circus' theme last night, I could detour to Spotlight to look for yarn for the 'Vroom Vroom' theme.  I don't need any yarn, but it seemed a nice reward and so I bought 6 large balls.  Then I went to the bank as planned. As I came out of the bank I saw my bus and started running as the next wasn't for another 1/2 hour.  I am asthmatic, so can't run very well anyway.  As I got to about 10' from the bus, my bag of yarn split and scattered all over the footpath.  So I stopped to pick it up and the bus driver very kindly waited for me and didn't even laugh, even though I was, by the time I got on board.  I think it all happened so suddenly I didn't even have time to feel embarrassed.

So please have a little laugh at my expense and I will show the blanket in a few weeks.

Sandra

Sandra, this gave me such a giggle, but I can also feel your pain.

So happy you got more yarn and I can't wait to see what you create.

Hope your Mum is still doing well.

Oh dear, some things are defo worth the embarrassment though aren't they, Tee-hee!

Oh my, Sandra, I'm not so sure I would have been laughing when I finally boarded that bus!  Glad your driver was patient enough to wait for you.  So, as they say, All's well that ends well, and your yarn will definitely end well as it finds its way to a child in SA ... xo

Honestly the more sensible thing to do, would have been buy a coffee and wait for the next bus!  But I am so conscience that because of my asthma I should be at home. The funny thing was I then didn't have a bag, so I was carrying 6 x 200 gram balls of yarn in my arms. But anyway I completed my first square last night, I hope everyone likes it.

Sandra

Oh Sandra, I feel so bad laughing, especially with you being an asthmatic, but truly, I almost had tears running down my face, I laughed so hard. You are such a good descriptor that I could visualize it so easily.

Although I don't 'do' envy, I am soooo envious of you right now. My local Spotlight store is over an hour away, so no trips to that town/city in what feels like FOREVER!! I have been online and had a peek at their range, but it is nothing like being there.

I hope you have recovered from your sprint with no ill effects and have been relaxing enjoying your new yarn.  xo

Hi Amy

Here is the first square of my Vroom Vroom Blanket, a tractor.

i hope you like it.

Sandra

Attachments:

Yes Sandra, it’s a winner! I had a giggle when imagining you trying to carry / juggle the yarn, but you have it now and you are safe!
I too have asthma and I’m staying home, my son is my shopper and has a shopping list each week, he is normally a good shopper, but 3 weeks ago he became and excellent shopper....... he saw variegated yarn that he knows I like and bought me 3 x 200g balls as a gift to cheer me!

Good laaaaad!!

What a precious son, Chris. You've brought him up well!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

CHAIN STITCH SQUARE

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service