I am delighted to host another KAS theme and there  is something for everyone in this month's topic,   Whatever your level of skill or preference (picture squares or colour inspired),    Let your imagination run riot with your choice of yarn, stitch, pattern, texture, motif, colour and design to create squares, beanie hats, hand warmers and toys. 

Here are some ideas to get your needles clicking:

LET'S ALSO CELEBRATE THE WORK OF KAS

Do post your photographs both here and on the main Photos tab - I look forward to seeing them all.

You will find the Album for the month at http://square-circle-forum.ning.com/photo/albums/lucky-celebrations-album-october-theme-2019

Views: 1092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Think of heather moors, blue lochs and green hills - to celebrate Scotland's landscape.

I dream to visit Scotland one day. Beautiful squares Susan .Tapadh Leigh !! (Did I get it right?)

Lovely colors again, Susan.   They look so soft.

BEAUTIFUL representations, Susan. You really do make the prettiest grannies and always with so much thought put into the colours.

Gorgeous colours Susan and a great introduction. 

A little Peace symbol, because surely Peace is something to celebrate, as much as possible in a troubled world.

One day I will learn to make a really smooth stockinette stitch, but with this yarn the lumps and bumps are partly responsible for the uneven texture.

And, of course, there is a song to accompany:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yU0JuE1jTk

Aha....I guessed the song.....lol.

GREAT peace square, Sharon!!

I am lucky enough to live in a little corner of the world that is 'relatively' peaceful. The greatest gift....and  it would be truly wonderful if everyone in this world could have that.

Thank you, Sharon for a lovely thick, warm square  and I am sure most of us will echo your sentiments behind it.  I too am lucky to live in a lovely peaceful rural area, free from so many of the troubles that beset the world today.

Colour in our lives! Jointly made blanket by Linda Maltby and Anneke. I wanted to learn how to make a "diamond in a square" square, Linda taught me how to do that while we were sitting next to each other. Linda made the design of the blanket and most of the diamond in a square squares - she is so quick at it! - I made only four of them, but now I know how to do this! It is a wonderful way of using up left over yarn and the result is a beautiful square. The plain ones were made by me and I joined the squares, finished the blanket off with my favourite edge, linen stitch and the crab stitch. The blanket will always remind us that we had a great time together and we have many fond memories. We are lucky to be KAS sisters - separated by an ocean but together in our desire to keep the children warm.

Dear Anneka and Linda - your blanket is stunning!   I love the cheery colour, and your finished edging sets it all off. It is so beautifully stitched, it looks more like a painting.  Thank you.  . 

Thanks Susan for your comments.

It was lovely to meet with Anneke and her husband.  We are lucky that the men have similar interests...they went birdwatching while Anneke and I chatted and crocheted (of course ) Anneke is a very attentive student and a quick learner.

The diamond in a square is one of my favourite patterns and as Anneke said, it is a great way to use up small balls of yarn.  The pattern is available in the KAS pattern book or

Here is the direct LINK

Huge Congratulations to Linda and Anneke.   This blanket is gorgeous.   I love it's back-story too.   It's the kind of heirloom a family could keep to remind themselves of special times, memories, tears, laughter - and I think it's great you're giving it to a needy cause.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
African Animal Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Knitted Heart Square

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service