Knit-a-square relies on contributions of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys… and financial donations. Yes, financial donations! Without them, it would be impossible to organize, sort and deliver the massive influx of love that is received at the KasBarn.

Expenses include:

• A postal charge of $3.75 US for every parcel received;
• Rent for the KasBarn;
• Fuel for the KasVan;
• A stipend for the gogos ($2 US per blanket) and another for Ronda’s ‘Right Hand.’

There are several ways you can help financially:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Shopping at the KasShop is a great way to support Knit-a-square. It doesn’t matter what you buy – whether it’s by donation to wrap a child in a blanket or toward fuel for the KasVan, or for a downloadable gift for yourself, a friend or loved one – every penny you spend here is a direct donation to KAS.

Is there something you would like to see on the 'shelves' of the Shop?

Do you have an idea for a downloadable item we could create that might appeal to shoppers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas here.

The Shop Team will do our best to bring your ideas to life so they can raise much needed funds for Knit-a-square and the children in need.

Views: 2229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHAT’S AN AARDVARK DOING IN THE KAS SHOP?

Well, it seems he has taken up residence in the gift department, and he has brought along a whole crowd of his friends.

Created just for Knit-a-square by our own Andrea Palmatier, these unique AFRICAN ANIMAL Flashcards celebrate the diversity of wildlife in Africa. Most children can identify lions, giraffes and zebras, but maybe not an Aardvark or some of the other unusual African creatures.  Priced at just $5 US for the set.  You can find them here.  Available in 2 versions 8.5x11" and A4.

Download this 8.5" x 11" version of these alphabet flashcards once and print as many times as you wish for the special children in your life. They would make wonderful stocking stuffers or ‘just because I love you gifts.’  These cards would also make great items to sell if you are holding a fundraiser for postage.

When you order, you will receive a PDF with the complete alphabet. We recommend you take the PDF to a print shop and have these printed on heavy card stock.

With school holidays soon to start, these would be a great way to help keep the kiddies occupied, something quite unique and interesting....... no danger of them having used them before! 

**DISTRIBUTIONS**

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE THEM PERFECT??

1. Lots of blankets, hats, handwrmers and soft toys

2. Two or three of our wonderful volunteers

3. Fuel for the KASvan

This month's featured product is "Get the Motor Running"

Please visit the KAS Shop here and put $5m $10, or $30 of fuel in the van

Done.  :))

Thanks, Bev!  Sometimes we forget how important the KASvan is!

Very true, Anne. Getting our squares/blankets, etc., to the relevant South African post office is most of the journey, but then there's that little bit more, to their final destination - the children.

Thanks for the reminder, Anne!  As Bev has said, getting our squares posted is a big part of the job, but that final little push gets our squares onto the sorting tables, stitched into blankets and wrapped around the shoulders of a waiting child ... xo

I went shopping yesterday and in the stores the red and green items are crowding out the Halloween stuff.  Already!

Christmas is coming,The geese are getting fat,

I have so many gifts to buy,I don't know where I'm at.

Just a reminder – the KAS Shop is the ‘best little shop in town’

- no line-ups at the check out

- a variety of unique, inexpensive gifts

- 100% of dollars spent in the Shop go to supporting our work in South Africa

Watch this space - lots of great ideas coming – some exciting new items, ideas for your Christmas fundraising sales, and gifts for those hard-to-buy-for people on your list.

WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHAT HAS JUST ARRIVED

IN THE KAS SHOP

Our brand new 2019 Christmas cards are here, created by our own Andrea Palmatier – a wonderful set of 6 different cards, and what a bargain we are offering! 

If you purchase the 2019 cards for only $8, you will also receive the pdf. for the four card 2017 series and the 4 card 2018 series.  That’s 14 different cards in total!

2017 Series              2018 Series                             

FANTASTIC value, Anne!!

Thank you Andrea for creating the 2019 series and to you both for getting these 'up and running' in time for Christmas.

Andrea - They're fantastic.   I've bought my set as I have to send from France to friends and family in the UK and Eire, so I need to get going with printing and writing the cards.   Well done!

I agree, Andrea did a spectacular job on the 2019 cards!  

I don't send as many Christmas cards as I used to, but since I am a 'gatherer' I always make sure to send a KAS card to all of my knitters to thank them for their squares.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
2019 Christmas Cards

Six New Designs

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The SEPTEMBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Knitted Heart Square

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service