Knit-a-square relies on contributions of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys… and financial donations. Yes, financial donations! Without them, it would be impossible to organize, sort and deliver the massive influx of love that is received at the KasBarn.

Expenses include:

• A postal charge of $3.75 US for every parcel received;
• Rent for the KasBarn;
• Fuel for the KasVan;
• A stipend for the gogos ($2 US per blanket) and another for Ronda’s ‘Right Hand.’

There are several ways you can help financially:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Shopping at the KasShop is a great way to support Knit-a-square. It doesn’t matter what you buy – whether it’s by donation to wrap a child in a blanket or toward fuel for the KasVan, or for a downloadable gift for yourself, a friend or loved one – every penny you spend here is a direct donation to KAS.

Is there something you would like to see on the 'shelves' of the Shop?

Do you have an idea for a downloadable item we could create that might appeal to shoppers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas here.

The Shop Team will do our best to bring your ideas to life so they can raise much needed funds for Knit-a-square and the children in need.

Views: 1859

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's so lovely of Connie, Chris. What a treat those apples will be for the children.  xo

It's wonderful when non-KAS-members support us with donations.  Big Hugs to your neighbour Connie, Chris

Last week I have sent a parcel to KAS. Gloria thank you so much for this wording: "Our squares don't magically stitch themselves together and then fly to the children on their own. Funds are needed."

Every time I have sent a parcel to SA I visit the KAS Shop and purchase items. Today I went shopping....love the item of the "basket of yarn" - desparately needed for the Gogos and edging of the blankets-  of course I have purchased that....couldn't resist it, together with the very needed Gogo support and 4 other items. After I have sent a parcel it feels "completed" ONLY after having shopped in the KAS Shop!

Thank you, Anneke.  Your purchases will make a real difference to out team in SA.  It continues to be important to support them financially as well. as by sending our squares.

Thank you Anne :) 

KAS SHOP APRIL FEATURE FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE

EASTER and SPRING CARDS  US$5.00 here

You will receive a set of four "Happy Easter" cards and four Spring cards.

Sending a KAS Easter card is a wonderful way to greet friends and family and raise awareness of Knit-a-square at the same time.

These cards are blank inside for your personal message, with an optional insert. The insert reads:
My gift to you
A donation has been made to Knit-a-square South Africa in your name to make a difference in the life of a vulnerable child.

Please note these cards are a digital product, which will be emailed to you shortly after purchase. They are in a format which is ready to be printed at most local printing shops or on your home printer.

KAS SHOP FEATURED ITEM FOR APRIL 2019

WRAP A CHILD IN A BLANKET

Do you ever wish you could send an Easter egg to the wonderful Gogos who sew our blankets just to say “Thank You for your dedication”?

Well,  that’s not a very practical idea, but we can support them by purchasing our Shop item WRAP A CHILD IN A BLANKET here.

Our Gogos are a vital part of the KAS team, and receive a very small stipend for each blanket they assemble. This small stipend allows them to purchase personal items for themselves which they otherwise may not be able to afford.

You can wrap 4 children in blankets for $5 US, 8 children for $10, or 16 children for $20

Thank you for highlighting what is available - new ideas and less new - because some of us appear to have a memory like a sieve!!  (I should clarify that I mean me!)

Can I check that the only way we can buy these items (I am particularly thinking of the Pay the Postage Item) is through PayPal?  One of my newer knitters but an older lady doesn't have it and does not want to open an account.......

Rebecca, you do not need a Paypal account.  It is possible to pay with a credit card as well

We hope to highlight two products each month, one an item for personal use or gift giving, and one "KAS oriented", but whichever a shopper chooses, 100% of the money goes to support out work in SA.

MAY – MOTHERS – MUGS

Our Product of the Month in the KAS Shop

This month we are featuring our Café Press Items, the perfect gift for a mother you know, a crafting friend, or maybe for yourself!

Our mugs come in four different designs, and the tote bag in five different versions.

Visit the KAS Shop here to order yours.

What's the KAS Shop all about?

Are you in need of a little 'retail therapy' with no line-ups, quick check-out,

and quick delivery?

Why not visit this charming little boutique in KASville, located at the corner of Granny and Plain Jane Streets 

you can enter by clicking here

Our Shop is crammed full of downloadable products for you to chose from, all reasonably priced in a range from $5-$30.

We feature items that directly benefit 'our' children, like snacks, fuel for the KASvan, and things that benefit the Gogos who assemble our blankets.

We also offer items of a more 'personal' nature - mugs, totes, unique note cards for all occasions, art prints for framing, and flashcards for children, all perfect for your personal enjoyment, for gift-giving, or to sell at your fundraising for postage event.

Every cent of the $$ you spend in the KAS Shop goes directly to KAS to support our work in warming the children we serve.

We are busy designing new products all the time. If there is something you would like to see in the Shop, please post your ideas here - we still have lots of room on our shelves for new items.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MAY 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

KNIT - HANDWARMERS

KNIT - TWISTED RIB HANDWARMERS

CROCHET - HANDWARMERS

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service