Knit-a-square relies on contributions of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys… and financial donations. Yes, financial donations! Without them, it would be impossible to organize, sort and deliver the massive influx of love that is received at the KasBarn.

Expenses include:

• A postal charge of $3.75 US for every parcel received;
• Rent for the KasBarn;
• Fuel for the KasVan;
• A stipend for the gogos ($2 US per blanket) and another for Ronda’s ‘Right Hand.’

There are several ways you can help financially:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Shopping at the KasShop is a great way to support Knit-a-square. It doesn’t matter what you buy – whether it’s by donation to wrap a child in a blanket or toward fuel for the KasVan, or for a downloadable gift for yourself, a friend or loved one – every penny you spend here is a direct donation to KAS.

Is there something you would like to see on the 'shelves' of the Shop?

Do you have an idea for a downloadable item we could create that might appeal to shoppers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas here.

The Shop Team will do our best to bring your ideas to life so they can raise much needed funds for Knit-a-square and the children in need.

Views: 1860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for adding this to the Shop!  Since KAS is anticipating a large amount of packages being released soon from the postal strike, I'll go to the Shop now and make a purchase.

Sharing on the UK FB page.

Thank you, Joy and Rebecca, it all helps and is much appreciated.  :))

Just perfect Andrea! Love the design and the way you have set up this shop item. Money is a "delicate" subject, this new shop item brings awareness of how difficult the financial situation is.

I sent a 2kg parcel last week and have visited the shop to pay the customs handling fee. Hopefully Rhonda's talks with the new postmaster in the new year will be fruitful and she will have one less thing to worry about.

This is a great idea, Andrea. I'll be visiting the shop every time I send a parcel.

What do you think about having a KAS Shop item for the month of December that is a Christmas gift to show Rhonda that we appreciate all of her and other volunteers' hard work?  I was excited to read that we have a surplus for October.  Maybe this type of Shop item is a way we can help make up for the deficits from earlier this year.

Joy, I think this is a fabulous idea!  Everyone loves to buy gifts for special people at Christmas, and Ronda and all the volunteers definitely come under the heading of "SPECIAL" ... xo

Wow!! Your 'thinking cap' is working better than mine, Joy...what a GREAT idea.  :))

Great idea Joy! 

I love it Joy!

We thought Joy's idea was so great that we created an item for it.  This is NOT a Shop item but you can find if here. 

Your donation will add peace of mind when the funds are a bit short some months.

A wonderful way to say "Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and thank you for all you do for our children" to the whole team in South Africa.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MAY 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

KNIT - HANDWARMERS

KNIT - TWISTED RIB HANDWARMERS

CROCHET - HANDWARMERS

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service