Knit-a-square relies on contributions of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys… and financial donations. Yes, financial donations! Without them, it would be impossible to organize, sort and deliver the massive influx of love that is received at the KasBarn.

Expenses include:

• A postal charge of $3.75 US for every parcel received;
• Rent for the KasBarn;
• Fuel for the KasVan;
• A stipend for the gogos ($2 US per blanket) and another for Ronda’s ‘Right Hand.’

There are several ways you can help financially:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Shopping at the KasShop is a great way to support Knit-a-square. It doesn’t matter what you buy – whether it’s by donation to wrap a child in a blanket or toward fuel for the KasVan, or for a downloadable gift for yourself, a friend or loved one – every penny you spend here is a direct donation to KAS.

Is there something you would like to see on the 'shelves' of the Shop?

Do you have an idea for a downloadable item we could create that might appeal to shoppers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas here.

The Shop Team will do our best to bring your ideas to life so they can raise much needed funds for Knit-a-square and the children in need.

Views: 2628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IF YOU PLANNING TO HOLD A

to raise funds for the cost of mailing your squares to KAS or to simply make a donation to KAS, you know how much work is involved in getting ready for it.

Why not take a stroll through the KAS Shop here and check out some of the items that would make a great addition to your table.

We suggest:
- our KAS original Art Prints

These gorgeous prints are $30 for a set of three, or $12 each. Download, print as many as you wish, and sell framed or unframed in plastic sleeves at whatever price you choose.

- or perhaps you would like to sell sets of our KAS notecards or individual cards Priced at just $7 to download each set, six different designs per set. They are available in two different sets of African Wildlife, a Flower Series and a Toy Series.  Print as many as you wish and set your own price for sets or individual cards.

Remember – 100% of every purchase in the KAS Shop goes to supporting our vital work of warming vulnerable children.

Look what just arrived in the KAS Shop here!

This new item will make another perfect addition to your Christmas Craft table and an ideal stocking stuffer for the kids in your life.

Priced at only $7 for the download and available in both the regular and A4 format, you can print as many copies as you wish and price them  at whatever you choose.

WOW!  These are fabulous.  Thank you, Andrea, for putting this little book together for us.  The artwork is terrific and I see you've featured three South African artists, making it extra KASpecial :)) 

What a great gift idea for some young ones I know.  I'm going to wrap a few coloring books in some wool scarves or toques, add some candy canes and and solve a few of my gift problems in one go! 

And every gift purchased from the KAS Shop is really 2 gifts in one - a gift for the someone on your list and a gift for KAS!!  Now that's a smart way to shop :)))

Last year, we had a KAS shop item that was a Christmas gift for Rhonda and all of the SA volunteers.  What do you think about doing it again this year?  It's a way we can say "thank you" to everyone who serves KAS in SA.

Thanks, Joy, for thinking of our SA team and remembering our Peace of Mind initiative of last year.  The Moderators have another idea up their sleeves for this year's 'thank you' for Ronda and the volunteers.  You should be hearing about it here on the Forum very soon.

DO YOU HAVE AN AUNT NELLIE??

This dear lady is your great aunt, or a senior you have known for years.

She lives in a high-end retirement home, has everything she needs, is allergic to chocolate and flowers, doesn't own a computer so can't email, loves to receive and send cards, and has a heart for vulnerable children.......  .

What on earth do you give someone like this for Christmas?

We suggest a set or two of KAS notecards. Available in the KAS Shop for $7.00, each set has six different cards. Four sets available – Nature Series One and Two (featuring African Wildlife), Flower Series, and Toy Series.

You can find the correct size envelopes at your stationers. Since you can print as many as you want, why not print a set for yourself or other hard-to-buy for folks on your list?

Did you know that 100% of every purchase made in the Shop go directly to enable Ronda to continue our vital work?

Looking for a unique gift for this very important person in your child’s life?

Does he/she really need or want another mug, bottle of hand lotion or after-shave? (A bearded teacher friend of mine regularly received at least 15 bottles of after-shave every Christmas!)

Why not consider one of our beautiful KAS Christmas Cards, all of which come with an optional insert which reads:

MY GIFT TO YOU
Today I have made a purchase from the KAS Shop in your name and will be sending the following items ______________ to our children in South Africa as a gift from you

You can choose to send a whole bag of apples for just $5, two bags for $10, or more extensive nutritious snacks for $30

DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL KASFRIEND or
A NEIGHBOUR WHO KNITS OR CROCHETS FOR KAS?

A lovely way to thank them for all their work might be to give them a special Christmas gift – a Knit-a-Square mug or tote

Both are available in five different designs here.
Truly a gift they will treasure.

Thank you Anne, for some great ideas! I’m going to mix a couple of  these ideas.........I haven’t got young children or grandchildren to ’buy’ apples for their teacher as a Christmas gift.

However, I would like to say a big thank you to the KAS Moderators who work very hard for KAS, whether it be..........  fundraising, shopkeeping, welcoming new members, producing Snippets, sharing the blanket room photos with us, keeping us up to date with what is happening in SA, designing items for our KAS shop, keeping in touch with Ronda and updating us on KAS finances, making the forum a happy place to visit and of course, creating and hosting fun monthly themes to inspire and encouraging members! 

So I would like to buy 6 bags of apples as a thank you to our lovely Mods :))

Thank you, Chris!  I am already  imagining the children enjoying their first juicy bite!

While I have your attention... have you any scrumptious Welsh recipes up your sleeve for our Virtual Cookie Exchange?

Chris, how wonderfully thoughtful of you!  I can't think of a better gift than knowing there will be a smile on a little one's face and a nutritious snack in the little one's tummy.  Thank you! xo

Thank you, Chris.  :)) That is so thoughtful and the children will be delighted with your gift. xo

As you know, fruit is a treat for them, something most of us take for granted.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Framed Stripes Square

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service