Square Circle Forum

Knit-a-square relies on contributions of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys… and financial donations. Yes, financial donations! Without them, it would be impossible to organize, sort and deliver the massive influx of love that is received at the KasBarn.

Expenses include:

• A postal charge of $3.75 US for every parcel received;
• Rent for the KasBarn;
• Fuel for the KasVan;
• A stipend for the gogos ($2 US per blanket) and another for Ronda’s ‘Right Hand.’

There are several ways you can help financially:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Shopping at the KasShop is a great way to support Knit-a-square. It doesn’t matter what you buy – whether it’s by donation to wrap a child in a blanket or toward fuel for the KasVan, or for a downloadable gift for yourself, a friend or loved one – every penny you spend here is a direct donation to KAS.

Is there something you would like to see on the 'shelves' of the Shop?

Do you have an idea for a downloadable item we could create that might appeal to shoppers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas here.

The Shop Team will do our best to bring your ideas to life so they can raise much needed funds for Knit-a-square and the children in need.

Views: 1446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TOY SERIES NOTE CARDS

US $7.00

These six cards each feature a photo of a special toy, lovingly made by a member of Knit-a-square South Africa for the children we serve in South Africa. They are blank inside for your personal message and are suitable for birthdays or just saying "Hello" to children, crafters or to anyone who is young at heart. The cards are laid out two-to-a-page.

Please note that these cards are a digital product, which will be emailed to you shortly after purchase. They are in a format which is ready to be printed at most local printing shops or on your home printer.

After receiving the download, you are permitted to print unlimited copies.

You can purchase these cards here.

Anne, thank you for bringing these to our attention again.  Sometimes we forget what we actually have in our KAS Shop.  These cards are great to have on hand for birthdays, get well, or just "thinking of you" cards.

The purchase of these cards is a direct donation to KAS, as well as a fantastic way to spread the word and promote Knit-a-Square.

Many of us do fundraisers throughout the year - either to raise money for postage or to raise funds for a donation to Ronda's peace of mind.  These cards can be packaged and sold in sets.  Download once and print as many as you like!

I have four family birthdays this month - two daughters and two grandaughters.  While I was shopping today, I checked the birthday cards.  They all seemed to be priced at $5-6.  It was an easy decision to leave them on the shelf and come home and choose from my stash of KAS cards.

I can’t believe how much store bought cards are now!

I was reading about the mass distribution in April and had an idea I wanted to pass along.  What if we had KAS Shop items to support this distribution between now and the end of March?  I'm sure there are additional expenses with this distribution--more blankets for Gogos to sew together, yarn for edges, plastic bags to gather blankets, gas to transport, and of course those postal fees.  Maybe we could have a shop item to support 5 children for $5, 10 children for $10, etc.

Thanks for your idea, Joy. It is wonderful when our members 'think outside the squares they make'!

At the present time we have the impression that Ronda has both the funds and the squares for blankets to handle the Mass Distribution, but the 'crunch' will come after that. Plans are in the works to replenish her funds to keep the Gogos busy sewing in order to re-stock the shelves for upcoming distributions after April, and of course we will need to send lots and lots of squares.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Baskets of Yarn
for the Barn

Available in small, medium and large!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JANUARY 2019 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Gloria Grandy Jan 29.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service