Square Circle Forum

Knit-a-square relies on contributions of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys… and financial donations. Yes, financial donations! Without them, it would be impossible to organize, sort and deliver the massive influx of love that is received at the KasBarn.

Expenses include:

• A postal charge of $3.75 US for every parcel received;
• Rent for the KasBarn;
• Fuel for the KasVan;
• A stipend for the gogos ($2 US per blanket) and another for Ronda’s ‘Right Hand.’

There are several ways you can help financially:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Shopping at the KasShop is a great way to support Knit-a-square. It doesn’t matter what you buy – whether it’s by donation to wrap a child in a blanket or toward fuel for the KasVan, or for a downloadable gift for yourself, a friend or loved one – every penny you spend here is a direct donation to KAS.

Is there something you would like to see on the 'shelves' of the Shop?

Do you have an idea for a downloadable item we could create that might appeal to shoppers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas here.

The Shop Team will do our best to bring your ideas to life so they can raise much needed funds for Knit-a-square and the children in need.

Views: 1131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad you got a calendar too, Chris!!  It really is a beautiful one.  No waiting in a long checkout line and no waiting for the mail.  Just download and get creative!!! 

I know it looks great when it's coil bound ... great for my kitchen :)

But I also wanted one for my desk so I printed it smaller ... 4 months to a page ... made a little cardboard easel and stapled my calendar pages to it.  It worked perfectly!

Now I want one for my craft corner so I can have the monthly themes at a glance - right where I need them.  Stay tuned ... :)) xo

Love your idea for the desk calendar, Glo.  very creative!

When I printed it off and saw how great the calendar is, I decided that I want to give one to some of the ladies who knit so many squares for me. Unfortunately, I can't afford to have 10 or 15 coil bound, so I had to come up with another solution.

I found Report Covers with a detachable plastic spine at Staples (our stationary store) priced at only $2 for a package of 6.  At our dollar store, I found some matching blue craft cord. ($1)

I inserted a length of cord in the spine, then all the calendar pages, and here is the result:

Since once we have downloaded the calendar,we can print off as many as we wish, I am able to produce these for pennies per calendar.

Some good ideas Glo and Anne :))

My goodness Anne, what a great idea! And so simply done - great for making several of them. One of these beautiful calendars is the perfect gift for your knitters.

It seems there is no end to the ways we can put these together. I made one for my ‘Kraft Korner’ :)) I used a knitting needle that long ago lost its mate, 3 large locking stitch markers, a point protector and a bit of scrap yarn to knit an I-cord. You can use any color yarn you like - I just happen to prefer blue ;))

I cut a piece of cardboard for backing, put 3 holes along the top of it and my calendar pages using my trusty 3-hole punch. I ‘clipped’ them together with stitch markers and ran the knitting needle through. I fastened the I-cord to the needle, placed the point protector over the end of the needle to keep the cord from slipping off and hung my new Kraft Korner KAS Kalendar :)))

And just one of the great feature of this year's calendar is that each theme is right there at the top of each month :) ... xo

Glo, that is a GENIUS idea!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
The KAS
2019 Calendar

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Nov 25.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service