KAS FINANCES

DISTRIBUTIONS

ATHELE ON THE ROAD TO BENDE MUTALE

MAY 2019

SORTED IN SOUTH AFRICA

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS

Visit our
KAS GARDEN
to choose a flower and make a donation to Knit-a-Square.
THE BLANKET ROOM

THINGS YOU MAY BE MISSING

This discussion is hiding in the

Member's Patterns Category

[HERE]

The winner of last month's KAS Kaption It Kontest is

!! JUDE SULLIVAN !! 

"I said no more wool to come into our house!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

CONGRATULATIONS, JUDE!!!

AND THANK YOU TO EACH ONE OF YOU WHO PARTICIPATED.

~ ~ ~ ~

This month's Kaption It Photo

Are you a puzzler?  Do you have a favorite type of puzzle?  Please let us know if you enjoy these new additions to our KAS Snippets editions :)

You will find the full version of these KAS Puzzles

[HERE]

MAY THEME

FINGER SNAPPIN, TOE TAPPIN, MUSIC
Pop in [HERE] to have a look at all the beautiful items that have been created this month.  And check out the music links that our contributors have been posting.  You'll probably find some perfect knitting, crocheting, or finger snappin', toe tappin' music!

SQUARES LIST

The April 2019 Squares List is available.

Because of the heavy workload for the small KAS Team, hats, handwarmers and toys will not be recorded anymore, but please keep sending them because they are desperately needed. In the 2019 Squares List the names of the senders, number of parcels and number of squares will be recorded. Please fill in the Packing Slip completely.

Please note that the office is inundated with packages and items on a weekly basis. The volunteers do their best, but it's impossible for them to list every single item that is sent. All efforts are made to list every parcel received. We thank you for your understanding.

The focus for 2019 and for some time to come will stay as is:

Squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly soft toys.

To see more details, please click HERE

MONTHLY TOTALS

In April we received 211 parcels containing 10.806 squares, equal to 308 blankets.

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

~ A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ~

THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING
by

Leanne Hunt

Today at the barn we had the opportunity to view Knit-a-Square through the eyes of some of our faithful knitters and crocheters. The Waterval group comprises women who live at a retirement village in the Florida/Roodepoort area to the west of Johannesburg. Some of them have been supporting us with squares and other knitted items for seven years. Others are new to the group and weren't quite sure what we are all about, so they were in for a wonderful surprise.

CONTINUE READING ...

Views: 874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a fabulous way to start the day in chilly, south-west Oz. A super edition, Glo!!

So much fun and fabulous news. Our KAS community (and their family, friends and communities) is so generous and caring and I LOVE reading about what they have been up to each month.  :))

The funny photo in the kaption kontest reminded me of the Sesame Street song from looooong ago......

One of these things is not like the others

One of these things just doesn't belong

Can you tell me which thing is not like the others

Before this song is through........or something like that....I did mention it was a long time ago....lol.

Anyhoo, my caption is.....Black sheep of the family?

Thanks, Bev.  I'm laughing at your memory of the Sesame Street song.  I remember that one too and trust me ... it wasn't yesterday!!

Great caption!  Thanks for chiming in ;)))  ... xo

Wonderful round up = I seem to have been very busy this month so it was good to watch up.

I have to say that Jude Sullivan's Kaption was laugh out loud funny!

Thanks, Rebecca.  I agree - I LOL at Jude's caption, too ... xo

" I'm warm ! How 'bout you ?"

That's a goodie, Karen...hahaha.

Hahaha ... Karen, that would be a warm and cozy spot on a cold and windy night, wouldn't it  :))   Thanks for playing along ... xo

Thank you Glo for our super Snippetts this month, the way you present the information is fantastic! 

Congratulations to Jude Sullivan for winning the April Kaption contest!

Thank you, Chris.  I do my best and as you know, I get help from my friends ;) ... xo

Congratulations, Jude, on winning last month's Kaption Kontest.  I have emailed your prize to you- enjoy.

My Kaption:"Now I know why Labradors are Retrievers not herding dogs - they just can't control a crowded situation"

Thanks, Anne, for joining in!  Definitely a crowded situation here, eh ... hahaha ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Knitted Plain Jane

Crochet Plain Jane

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service