The Knit-a-square program has inspired volunteers in more than 60 countries to knit and crochet more than 1.5 million blanket squares, hats, hand-warmers and toys. Your efforts are helping to keep the children warm but to keep this operation running every day, we need to extend your love and support.

Your donations are the backbone of financial support for the operations on the ground in South Africa, making it possible for them to continue.

Whether it's helping to pay the rent, a stipend for the gogos to sew blankets, fuel for the KasVan or to cover postal charges of $3.75 US per parcel, you make it possible to keep striving toward warming and comforting the children.

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with.

You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help.

Views: 1777

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Since parcels arriving in SA usually have a return address on each one, has anyone at KAS considered - with the parcels that are causing so much problem at the post office by senders unwilling to label them correctly - has KAS considered spending a small sum to send a notice to each of these crafters personally and explaining the info is on the website and it would be most helpful if the crafter would label the package in the manner we ask them to in order to avoid high tariffs?  I know it would be a bit of work but maybe a form letter could be written needing only an address on the envelope.  Surely crafters do not want their work languishing in the post office and would take heed.

Good idea Helen.   There are obviously crafters for KAS that don't visit the forum.  In the blanket room and distribution photos I often see gorgeous work that has not been on the photos page.  

oh that is an EXCELLENT IDEA!! people have no idea that their charity could cost the charity. Would be happy for my donations to go towards the cost of that work.

That is a great idea.  I am sure the people who send them do not realise what problems they are causing the charity.

Another idea:  I send a monthly donation.  Our church group usually sends three or four large bags to Ronda each month.  In future I will send my usual donation plus an additional $3.75 for each bag we send to offset the post office charge to Ronda.

Everyone put in an amazing effort this month to create an actual surplus. Donations totaled a staggering $2,571.60!

This is what Ronda had to say:

"…the biggest injection of cash that KAS has ever received !!

Our exchange rate is extremely advantageous at around USD1 = R14.00 and that will have helped.

Oh my WORD – Leanne is still writing thank you emails to all the KASshop and random contributors, and for newly established automatic payments.

But I would like EVERYONE to know how incredibly blessed we are and what a difference this will make for several months to come.

THANK YOU for all your hard work – and to everyone else who has had a hand in raising funds in recent weeks.

This is a huge reprieve !!!!!"

A huge thank you from the bottom of hearts to everyone who made donations, big or small, and those who took the time to purchase the new Shop item, Pay the Customs Handling Fee.

Thank you for sharing this GREAT news, Andrea!

When I (hopefully) post some parcels this month, I will be sure to visit the KASshop and pay the handling fees.

Totally agree Bev, wonderful news, and, thank you Andrea (and cohorts) for all the time-consuming effort you have made!

Fabulous news.  We just need to keep the ball rolling.  

Thanks everyone!!

I am so glad to read this update!  I like it when Rhonda does not have to worry so much.  

The new shop item is such a great idea and we can all buy one whenever we have the spare funds, and easily when we are sending a parcel.

Hurray!!!

oh that is MARVELLOUS NEWS!!!

Great news!. The customs fee which is  relatively speaking, a low cost for individuals adds up to such a lot for Ronda and the KAS budget.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
African Animal Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JULY 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Diagonal Square

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service