Square Circle Forum

The Knit-a-square program has inspired volunteers in more than 60 countries to knit and crochet more than 1.5 million blanket squares, hats, hand-warmers and toys. Your efforts are helping to keep the children warm but to keep this operation running every day, we need to extend your love and support.

Your donations are the backbone of financial support for the operations on the ground in South Africa, making it possible for them to continue.

Whether it's helping to pay the rent, a stipend for the gogos to sew blankets, fuel for the KasVan or to cover postal charges of $3.75 US per parcel, you make it possible to keep striving toward warming and comforting the children.

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with.

You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help.

Views: 1235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’m still waiting on the figures from Ronda but I would assume it’s still there. Thanks for asking!

ahh waiting to be paid but I'll send some thing extra when that happens

Just a thought...... Here in the UK (and in the USA as well I am guessing) it is the time of year when it is lovely and cosy to make some home made biscuits (cookies) and cakes and invite your friends or neighbours round to spend an hour or so having a cup of tea or coffee, eating something nice and perhaps having a bring and buy table or a raffle.  Yes....... It's the season of the coffee morning!  

I am sure that a few of us could use this as a chance to raise a little something to donate to KAS.  I am happy to supply a recipe or two for English biscuits or cakes, if any American KAS friends would like to have a go at something different from their usual cooking.   I would be delighted to have a go at a cake or some cookies from South Africa, Australia, The USA....... 

It really should not take a lot of organising and can be done as a morning event, and afternoon event, a weekend day or a weekday........ It is very flexible.  I am going to go check my calendar and see when I can be free to do mine :)

Rebecca, could you message me a recipe or two? I'll format them into a downloadable PDF, start a new discussion and… BLAM!… a recipe exchange is born!

if anyone would like my mother's scottish tablet recipe....

Mary, the long answer is ... I have never heard of Scottish tablet so I googled it.  It looks like fudge.  M-m-m-m  So ... the short answer is ... YES!  I, for one, would love it if you would share your mother's recipe ... xo

Oh wow - tablet is just SOOOO much nicer than fudge.........

I will get my recipes sorted this weekend and get one or two posted on here.  

here! from my blog https://fatblackcatjournal.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/daft-days-table... feel free to use it for any kind of KAS recipe book. Its very sweet a small amount goes a long way. I make it at Christmas as its fairly easy to post! 

will do its harder than fudge and a tiny amount goes a long way!

When me an my mother pre KAS were sending secondhand books to SA for our friend Jo's school library we held a coffee morning just in our home with friends invited. We sold second hand books, home baking and with teas etc made about £100 each time.

The financials have been updated above for September. Four new sorting tables were purchased and, according to Ronda, it has made the world of difference for everyone to have more space.

The deficit was better this month, just over $400 US. But we still do have an issue with postal fees.

From Ronda: "…one of (the) parcels is languishing at the PO waiting to be cleared of customs tariff of more than R500. There are four parcels waiting at the moment, all of which have been there for 2-4 months now. The system does not seem to be working !"

R500 is over $34 US. These costs really accumulate and add to our monthly deficit.

What else can we do to spread the word about putting a $0 value and "BONA FIDE GIFT FOR CHARITY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE" on packages? The message is getting lost somewhere.

yikkes! I'm glad the deficit is smaller but yes we need to make sure its elminated.

I wish I had a good idea to help. Im brand new here, and as a result I’ve been all over the website reading. I have seen the “claim 0 or 1 if you have to” multiple times. I hate that people put in the time and energy, and it sits there.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Nov 25.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service