Views: 6330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMAZING lady!!

What a wonderful lady. Also, what a good job you do withall the care you bring to her and other people like her.

Thank you for posting these photos.  I hope the grannies will have a lovely gathering!

Little library 280

This photo illustrates so perfectly two truths that we have witnessed over and over again:
- The neighbour's book is always more exciting :-)
- A book can be read upside down. Even when many are reading it together, no one seems to notice :-)

Afficher la suite
L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, sourit, assis
Little Libraries
Communauté
Little Libraries
Communauté

Little library 279A

How cute is this? Each child sat on the floor at a mini desk in the little school that received this mini library:-)
So each of them got to read their own little book :-)
For making this possible we thank a family in Holland who wish to remain anonymous :-)

L’image contient peut-être : 7 personnes, personnes souriantes, personnes assises
Little Libraries

Little library 281

The teacher sat her small class in a circle, started reading a story and held the children's attention beautifully. We knew that the books had found a good home :-)
For making this little library a reality we thank the following people:
- Sandy Beamish, Debra and Reddam Durbanville who all donated books
- Patricia for the bookshelf

L’image contient peut-être : 4 personnes
Little Libraries
Communauté

More news from Little Libraries:

Little library 283

The teacher read a story. With a little encouragement, she mimicked the animals gestures and sounds. 
By the end, she was amazed at how much she had enjoyed the experience. Magic happens when we move from the classroom into another reality contained within the covers of a story book. 
- Melinda for the bookshelf 
- Michael Oaks Waldorf school for the soft books
- Stephany for the board books to complete this reading corner

L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, assis

I'm loving all your photos, Valerie. It's lovely to see the children with their books.

More news from J Bay Recycling:

Beautiful hot Summer's day. The kids went home with so many treasures: a skateboard, a bicycle, a fishing rod, teddies, shoes and bis smiles. Thanks so much to all our fantastic volunteers - Carla, Callum, Philip, our friends from YWAM, CSALT and JBay Primary. Well done everybody!

Recycling 25.02.2019
48 photos
L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, sourit, fleur et intérieur
L’image contient peut-être : 2 personnes, personnes souriantes, personnes debout, chaussures et intérieur
L’image contient peut-être : 3 personnes, personnes souriantes, personnes debout et enfant
L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, assis, enfant et table

There's some rebuilding going on at J Bay :

JBay Recycling Project a partagé une publication.
11 h · 

Thanks Kelly!

L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, debout, ciel et plein air
L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, assis et plein air
L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus et personnes assises
L’image contient peut-être : 2 personnes, personnes souriantes
L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus et plein air
+4
Kelly Tommelein a ajouté 8 photos à l’album Recycling project 25/2/2019 — avec Philippe Roose.

Another great day JBay Recycling Project

'Will you read me a story?'
The little voice startled me. I thought of the line in The Little Prince 'If you please, draw me a sheep'... Granted, I was not lost in a desert but the little voice in a township where children only speak isiXhosa was just as unlikely...
We read the story of a boy traveling in a taxi imagining to be in a rocket, playing on a jungle gym pretending to be in a jungle - the little boy was hanging on my every word. 
And then he asked if he could read to his friends. He went on to tell the story we had just shared and translated it into isiXhosa :-) There are moments in life that catch you by surprise and fill you with great emotion - for me, this was one of them. 
For the top up we delivered to this school - in the background Little Library 13 that was delivered 5 years ago :-) we thank Bookdash for trusting us to distribute their books.
We also thank The Movement Sanctuary for their donation that enabled us to buy some new board books.

L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus, personnes assises et intérieur

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
African Animal Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JULY 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Mitre Square

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service