Reposted in the correct place! :)

Hi.

I’ve never written a blog before but this calls for drastic action. I’m Karen, thirty-four-years old and I live in Gloucestershire in the UK with my husband, our three-year-old daughter and an aged cat…. and I have a problem… my UFO (or ‘work in progress’) pile is getting seriously out of hand.

After a discussion on the forum a couple of weeks ago, I decided it needed tackling. I thought I’d try to finish one project at a time, ‘rewarding’ myself by knitting five squares for KAS after each one. That way, I’ll finally get things finished whilst still knitting squares, working out which yarn is in use and which is fair game for anything else. To spur me on, I’m going to post here each time I’ve finished a project.

So, step one was to see what was languishing at the bottom of my knitting box. The evidence is posted below.

Some things only need sewing together, for example, the witch, the Christmas sock, snowman, mini Father Christmas and the two hitch-hiking penguins. The odd assortment of knitting between the snowman and the witch is part of a scarecrow; there’s a half-knitted/ part-stuffed teddy bear top right and an Ooo Ooo the monkey top left, who still needs arms and legs. I have a purple jumper I’m knitting for my daughter, where I have yet to make an arm and collar, and a very pale pink cardigan for a friend who’s expecting. Lastly, I’ve thrown in two balls of petal pink wool for another promised baby cardigan, a half-made Grace vest and on the far right, there’s a Bunty Bunny pattern again, promised to a friend.

I obviously get distracted far too easily. 

So wish me luck! I’m off to tackle the first one… I’m looking forward to being able to say I have no UFOs left (positive thinking!), having a stack of KAS squares and finally being able to find some of my knitter’s pins again. xx

Views: 2151

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Linda - the Lego is a great idea. Not sure I'd manage a whole castle (though I may be delegating this one to my other half!). I've been trawling Pinterest and there are some fabulous ideas on there and some people have amazing imagination! This does, however, remain one of my favourites - for obvious reasons!

Cute !   Wouldn't it be nice if we all had an elf to make squares while we were sleeping :-)

I did it.... I was able to get Sam to stand still long enough to take a picture of that jumper I finished. I loved this one. It was so easy as it's knitted in stocking-stitch with very little shaping, so really the yarn did all of the work. It's age 2-3, so hopefully will see him through the winter, spring and maybe even fit next autumn too. I always feel a bit sorry for him on the school run in the mornings. It's getting very cold now and we've had a couple of frosty starts. It's so not bad for Molly and me, as we're walking around, but Sam's shoe-horned into his buggy, wrapped inside a coat, jumper, mittens and scarf. He looks a little like a starfish some days. Still, here we go, my little man and his new roll-neck jumper....

I'm very, very pleased to hear the strike is now over in South Africa. I have one parcel to send and a few squares to start the next one, so ready to get cracking!

Sam is a very handsome, young man.  And he's a real trendsetter dressed in his new pullover and jeans. 

What a lovely little boy looking so elegant in his sweater. Well done Karen.......for son and sweater!

Sam is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! What a 'heartbreaker' he will be when he is older. Nice jumper.  :))

What a sweetheart !   He looks very smart in his sweater.  Well done Karen...and you finished it before he outgrew it LOL

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MAY 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

KNIT - HANDWARMERS

KNIT - TWISTED RIB HANDWARMERS

CROCHET - HANDWARMERS

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service