Square Circle Forum

Here we go again! 

It’s been almost a year since we had our last Stripes, Zigzags and Textures challenge and it was such a resounding success that we are doing it again. 

We managed to fill our Discussion with 156 pages of pictures and chat and we filled 2 ½ albums with photos of your beautiful squares.

Our challenge this year is to do even better.

Plain Janes – as always, our ‘most needed’ squares, so don’t forget –  garter stitch or single crochet produces a lovely texture, so jump in you plain-janers and join this challenge.

Stripes – the shining star in so many blankets – everyone loves them and what a great way to do some stash-busting and use up bits.

Zigzags – fun, fun, fun, and so many possible variations.  A great chance to try new patterns (there are some really interesting and easy ones in the KAS Pattern book)

Textures – either by using pattern in your squares or playing with all the weird and wonderful furry and nubbly yarns that you bought and now wonder what to make with them.

One special day  JULY 18 – MANDELA DAY

Around the world, people recognize Mandela Day by devoting 67 minutes of their time – one minute for every year of Madiba’s public service – by making a small gesture of solidarity with humanity and a step towards a global movement for good.

Please join us in this celebration by making a special square for that day.

As we remember and honour the life of Nelson Mandela, you might want to choose symbols of peace, love or freedom ….. or rainbow colours to represent The Rainbow Nation of South Africa.

The Pinterest page for this challenge can be found at

www.pinterest.com/anne1464/knit-a-square-july-2014-stripes-textures...

The Photo Album for this challenge can be found at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/july-2014-challenge-str...

And Photo album # 2 can be found at

Photo album # 3 can be found at

Please post your photos in this discussion AND in Photos so I can move them to the Album

Views: 12202

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a square to start us off - Moss Stitch in purple, yellow, red

Great start Anne - lovely colours together.  I really shouldn't be doing this but I get so much satisfaction out of turning something like this:                                  

into something like this:  

and then into this:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this challenge!  Here is my first contribution for a blanket:  zigzag

Here is my first square for July.  It's Cro-Knit.

Funky patterns.

My First 2 squares, these have a 'reversed' stripe pattern (i.e. dark with light stripe then reversed to light with dark). I love this challenge and have lots of squares planned!

I saw mum at the weekend and she had another enormous bag of squares and Zanny T's for me. I thought these were perfect for the July challenge! :)

Variations in orange and yellow

..... and just to drive Sharon B. crazy.......  here's your repetune of the day.....  "Oranges and lemons, the bells of St. Clemens.."... oh, darn... now I've started myself humming it....

Hope these qualify for the stripe challenge.  Have been waiting all June to move into a new house.  Made use of my time before saying so long to crocheting and hello unpacking.

Wave design.

A July 1 design for all Canadians :)  Happy Canada Day!  xo

Here are my first two textured squares for this challenge. The blue one is knitted basket weave stitch and have green one is crocheted rib. 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service