Welcome to the theme for December:

CLEAR THE DECKS

I'm sure we all have bags or boxes that look like this:

Look at each ball carefully.

Is there enough yarn left to make 1 Plain Jane?

No? Then maybe a 2 colour stripe or diagonal,

a 3 colour stripe, or a granny square?

Or, if you're thinking big, how about taking inspiration from this masterpiece?

Celebrating Yarn November Theme 2018

(Take a bow, Amy from the USA).

Of course it may be that you have a pile of squares waiting for the ends to be darned in. This is the month to finish them off and get them sent to South Africa.

If you like making hats, hand-warmers or toys, this is also the month for you as these are ideal uses for those partially used balls of yarn.

Hats and Handwarmers

Pattern on the Month 12-15

So, no excuses -

there's something for everyone this month -

and think how good it will feel to Clear those Decks!

You will find the Album for this month at:

http://square-circle-forum.ning.com/photo/albums/december-2019-them...

Views: 904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's precisely what I'd decided would be the best thing to try, Sharon. Photo tomorrow (hopefully).

Sharon - I am  like  you and there have been many times when I crochet a border around a straight knitted square to bring up up to the  8 inches.  One rason why I like diagonals so much is the exact dimensions is virtually  guaranteed. 

Thanks Sharon, this is a good tip for me.  I can just about do the simple crochet, and when I do a crochet border around my knitted blankets it always curls:((  I will now skip  a couple of stitches as you recommend.  Beautiful squares in beautiful colours!

I have never knitted this pattern, but it looks very nice. Probably I´ll try it out, too. Patricia, your square is beautiful, especially the colours.

Super-dooper use of scraps Sharon ✅

Thanks, Karen.  It is sometimes quite fun to dig through the scrap basket and see what would go together for a square.

Just to let everybody know that I had a follow-up appointment with my consultant this afternoon. The X-Ray was fine and he was pleased with my progress so that's the only Christmas present I need!

Great news, Patricia. Take care. 

That's so good to hear, Patricia, but don't overdo things - you still need (crochet) time to recuperate :))

Thank you Patricia, the introduction to this theme has encouraged me to try something with the skein of yarn I've had around for so long because it is difficult to work. 

I can't wait to see what you come up with Deborah as your work is always amazing.

That's great news!   You're in the very prestigious club of bionic women now - bigger stronger strides and more mobility lay before you X. Welcome ✅

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Framed Stripes Square

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service