Square Circle Forum

We appreciate that December is a busy month as we all get prepared for our Christmas and holiday celebrations. This months theme is designed to help you relax ad just wind down a little. Before the start of 2018 new and exciting themes.

Can you believe that 2017 is nearly over ?

Here at KAS we have had yet another super busy year, helping to keep thousands of children warm.

It has been a wonderful year with fabulous themes hosted by our moderators and members, with so many fantastic makes from all our crafters.Squares, toys, handwarmer and hats in their hundreds. There has been so much creativity in the colours, patterns and designs. Our crafters never cease to surprise us with the next idea they pull out of the hat. So that leads us to our monthly theme.

We must all have those little balls of scrap yarn, that been left over from our previous monthly theme or home projects ?

So, lets dig into the bottom of all those project bags and storage boxes and pull out all those odds and ends and get them used up. ( You never know what Santa might bring you !)

Whether it be a multi-coloured square, cuddly toy, jazzy handwarmer, stripy hat, lets use up all those odds and ends.

Most importantly lets have some fun !!!

Views: 4245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love these .. they look quite MEANT!!

Linda, I love the way you make these squares.  What a great way to use little bits of that fluffy yarn ... in small doses :)  They're all gorgeous, but the top right and bottom left ... well, um ... you know  ;)   xo

Oh Glo !  I'm sooo glad you like the yellow in the top right and the pink in the lower left....or did you mean the "other" colour ???

Gee, was there an "other" color?  I didn't notice ... hahahaha ... xo

5 Pairs of Handwarmers. 

Using up some of my solid colour scraps with the variagated wool , I have made these working with 3 balls at once.  There are not as many ends to weave in as with the stripes. !!!

Marion, your handwarmers are fabulous.  Such beautiful bright colors!  The children will love these... xo

What a good idea Marion.  Love the colour combinations.

I love these colours - feel warm just looking at them!

I went to visit my in-laws today, St. Stephen's Day.  My Mum-in-law makes teddies and dolls and some squares and sends them to me to post on to SA with my own and my Mum's items.  

She does not follow the threads here and so did not know that the theme was odds and ends....... but had been using up her odds and ends to create comfort dolls!  I will post a photo when I have natural light to take the photo in!

Looking forward to the photos Rebecca !

Here we are - 11 lovely little dolls!

Little balls of scrap yarn turned into hand-warmers

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW!
2018 KAS
Christmas Cards

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns.…

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Nov 25.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service