KAS Sisters, here we are, living a global nightmare, with almost every country in the world affected. We are all worried, many of us fall into the vulnerable senior group, and it seems the ‘new normal’ is to stay away from people, go out as little as possible, just hunker down and hope we and our loved ones don’t succumb to the virus.

Fortunately, our Forum is one of the safest places we can be.  We can reach out to our friends, chat, share our feelings about this pandemic and how it is temporarily changing our lives.  We can share ideas on how we are protecting ourselves as much as possible, how we are managing to keep from going nuts if quarantined, and maybe, just maybe, we can even find something to giggle about in the midst of this tragic event.  In other words, anything goes.

I hope we can fight this pandemic, armed only with knitting needles, crochet hooks, balls of yarn, our sense of compassion, and even our sense of humour.  I hope we can share our feelings in this safe place where no viruses can go (unless your computer has one).  It’s OK to express frustration or fears, and it’s OK to rejoice if you feel like it.  None of us have ever faced anything like this before – let’s get through it together, ’cause that’s what Kas Sisters do.

Views: 6014

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh love her little face.   Woman's best friend for sure ❤️

Thanks for sharing Jess with us, Chris.....she is one sweet dog and surely puts a smile on my dial.

Our borders with other European contries are closed because of Coronavirus. One town called Těšín is situated just on the Czech-Polish border and there´s only a river between these two parts of a town. Usually people go from one part to another to have a cup of coffee in a cosy café or go shopping...But not nowadays. And suddenly a very nice and kind banner appeared on the Polish side: "We feel lonely without you Czech."

When I was reading this text I was very touched. I felt so much love in these simple words.

Oh that's so touching and heart warming! I've noticed in many places this distancing situation is bringing out the absolute best in people, the warmth, the reaching out, the support and the humor. Thank you for posting this. It's wonderful to see and it promises a joyful reunion in the future too.

That is a lovely, friendly message to send across the border, Karla.  :))

Here in our little town our largest (small in comparison to larger supermarkets in our neighbouring town) supermarket the staff has been copping it in person and on facebook from customers frustrated at the lack of supplies. The other day, our lovely, very community-minded lady from her pottery/restaurant made a huge batch of scones and took them to the staff of the grocery store for their morning tea to thank them for all they are doing and to let them know they are appreciated. Pip is AWESOME and very much a community leader in our town.

Truly heart warming :))

What a lovely thing for them to have done.

Walking the dog.

Thank you Karla, I laughed when I saw this, I’m not sure Jess would cope with this !

This is a priceless video.  I am with Chris, my dogs would't do to well with this.  I can never fly these things right, anyway.

Yes, we must remember our pets, too. Thanks for the giggle, Karla.  :))

For dogs´s owners - shopping

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

CHAIN STITCH SQUARE

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service