KAS Sisters, here we are, living a global nightmare, with almost every country in the world affected. We are all worried, many of us fall into the vulnerable senior group, and it seems the ‘new normal’ is to stay away from people, go out as little as possible, just hunker down and hope we and our loved ones don’t succumb to the virus.

Fortunately, our Forum is one of the safest places we can be.  We can reach out to our friends, chat, share our feelings about this pandemic and how it is temporarily changing our lives.  We can share ideas on how we are protecting ourselves as much as possible, how we are managing to keep from going nuts if quarantined, and maybe, just maybe, we can even find something to giggle about in the midst of this tragic event.  In other words, anything goes.

I hope we can fight this pandemic, armed only with knitting needles, crochet hooks, balls of yarn, our sense of compassion, and even our sense of humour.  I hope we can share our feelings in this safe place where no viruses can go (unless your computer has one).  It’s OK to express frustration or fears, and it’s OK to rejoice if you feel like it.  None of us have ever faced anything like this before – let’s get through it together, ’cause that’s what Kas Sisters do.

Views: 6004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eeee I love reading these stories of animal experiences - you've all brightened my morning - "every day is a school day" as the saying goes. ♥️

a branch of our cherry blossom tree a few days ago.

So beautiful against the bright blue sky :))

Sooo beautiful, Arlene.  :))

I love very much spring when all trees and shrubs are blooming. Lovely photo.

and then there are the little things in life.....

Arlene, I have so enjoyed seeing your photos, this one is delightful with the delicate pink flowers, the beautiful green foliage and the ladybird (ladybug), thank you for sharing.

"What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare."

As we all have so much time at the moment, Arlene, and so many worries, maybe we should all be focusing more on the little things.

BEAUTIFUL photo, Arlene.....thanks for sharing with us.  :))

Patricia, I googled the poem you have referenced here and it is lovely - and so true.  I have come to realize just how important it is to notice all the little things that go on around me, and I hope I'm enjoying them more and taking less of them for granted.  Thank you for the reminder :) ... xo

Another great photo, Arlene. Thanks. 

Beautiful photo, Arlene.  I have to say that I'm really enjoying the discussions going on (yes, I'm eavesdropping ... hahaha) and loving everyone's pictures here ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

CHAIN STITCH SQUARE

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service