A bumpy start to the new year but the pictures have arrived now - dozens of them.

Views: 45189

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What a wonderful time Estelle and her friends have, sewing these blankets.

Estelle says:

You have been a busy bee this week Marioth. Two fabulous Cath Riley’s. For all our new members and friends Cath is from Liverpool UK. Cath, Marioth says that she loves the yarn you use.

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: food and indoor

Exquisite mushroom squares from Marion Davies from North Wales and I think the cute chick is from Bev Jeffery from Australia. Thank you all so much for your time and generosity.

Image may contain: stripes

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: hat

I would LOVE to lay claim to this cute little chick....but alas, no.

Sharon B. 's little chicky babe, I think.  :))

The Ladies have done a fab job, once again, incorporating Marion and Sharon's picture squares with beautifully contrasting pjs.  

I really appreciate the wonderful work that goes into making up the blankets with our squares, and the care taken to match the colours. It's wonderful.

Oh My Goodness!   What a wonderful collection of blankets.  

Marion, you win the applique contest, and I think you get second and third place, too.   They are so darling, and so perfectly placed on your squares.

Thanks Bev for remembering my little Chickie square.   I really like this little fellow, so I've made him a couple times.   I'm not sure what challenge this was for, maybe yellow???

Once again, I'm just so impressed by the effort it takes to coordinate all the squares into such charming blankets.

Estelle:

My blankets for the week. Lovely flower squares and the striped ones surrounding them from Marion Davies and a lovely green Cath Riley. We really appreciate all the time you spend creating these amazing squares for KNIT A SQUARE. Thank you.

A beautiful blanket sewn together by Roni Rudman-Owens for KNIT A SQUARE. I love all the lilic and mauve squares you put together and the pretty shell edge. Thank you Roni.

Gorgeous pastel squares from Cath Riley sewn together by Sue Anousakis. Such a lovely soft blanket for our vulnerable children. Thank you.

Oh my goodness....yet more BEAUTIFUL blankets.

Wonderful work from the crafters and seamstresses.  :))

All these are so beautiful. A positive riot of colour.

Thank you, Estelle. Beautiful work as always.

Each one prettier than the last, but I can't take my eyes off that gorgeous flower!

Thanks Bev for correcting me and sorry Sharon. It’s the old mind doing strange things again. 

No worries at all Estelle.   I'm amazed how much everybody does, and can't imagine how you can possibly keep track of so many details.   I also can't imagine how Bev remembers who made what square!   (If truth be told, I sometimes can't remember the ones I made!)

April 24:  Opening parcels with these beautiful blankets inside.

A gorgeous crocheted blanket from Susan Donaldson. 

Two blankets from Joan Humm

3 blankets from Sharon B.

And this amazing blanket also from Sharon B.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JUNE 2019 Squares List is available.

Visit the
2019 Square Lists discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for

ZANNY'S BASKETWEAVE SQUARE

Click here to view the entire
KAS Pattern Book

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2019   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service