Buy a child an apple [HERE]

You can find these beautiful

FLASHCARDS [HERE]

FRAMED STRIPES SQUARE

I've created an album for our A is for Apple photos.  You will find the album [HERE}

Views: 2850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your colour combinations are soooo beautiful, Diana. Reminds me of those stripey lollipops...good enough to eat.  :))

Really beautiful work Diana :))

I used to like to do cross stitch when I had much younger eyes.  Every now and then I like to give it a try ... just to remind myself why I don't do it much anymore ... LOL ... xo

Woo Hoo Glo!! This is a gorgeous square. How delightful for the little one who receives it in their blanket.  :))

I'm impressed Gloria, you've done very well.    This return to a previous hobby to thrill an African child is just so cute and will be treasured ✅

Terrific square, Gloria - the colour (of course!), the stitch, and the brilliant use of both crafts.  Hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea - 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery', after all! I was also a keen cross-stitcher when my sight was better, and I was wondering a couple of days ago what to do with all the embroidery threads and 'Aida' fabric still stashed away - now I know how to use at least some of it!

Oh yes, Lesley, please do borrow this idea!  I actually borrowed it from Pam quite a while back, so I certainly don't mind sharing :)  I'll be anxious to see your creations ... xo

Beautiful work, Gloria.   A child will have so much to feel and learn from this square.

Count me in as one who did cross stitch when eyes were younger.   Isn't it nice to know that we share so many experiences and interests?  A great feeling of warmth.

I think I cleared out all my cross stitch materials years ago, but I have the patterns, and have found that the simple ones work quite well for Tunisian Crochet, either by changing colors as you stitch, or by cross-stitching over the top of a Tunisian Simple Stitch Background.  Easier on the old eyes, for me.

You're right, Sharon!  A Tunisian Simple Stitch square makes a perfect "aida cloth" for aging eyes ... xo

Yes, I was yet another cross-stitcher! Beautiful square, Gloria.

I was into cross stitching for years too, until the need for reading glasses drove me to despair at mulit-tasking.    At least with knitting I can enjoy my hobby without looking at it for every stitch.   We are a creative little family aren't we ❤️

Genuine Original GOLDEN HANDS 1970s Knitting Crochet and Craft Magazine Part 6

This is probably just a question for the British contingent but does anybody remember a magazine from the 1970s called Golden Hands? It covered knitting, sewing, and all sorts of other crafty ideas. My friend and I loved it and could usually find something in every issue to have a go at.

(I've just found this image on Pinterest which seemed particularly appropriate to KASers with the lovely granny squares).

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
Alphabet Flashcards

The complete alphabet!

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The FEBRUARY 2019 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2019 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2019

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Free Pattern for
FRAMED STRIPES SQUARE

Click here to view the entire