SQUARES LIST  2019

The DECEMBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Please go to page 4 of this discussion, scroll down for the December squares list and further details, such as monthly totals and other information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0' as the parcel value. 

If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare value ‘1’.  Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

POSTAGE INFORMATION, WERE YOU CAN FIND THE INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE AND MAILING INSTRUCTIONS:

POSTAGE INFORMATION - Square Circle Forum

1. Squares

-pack flat                                      -tail neatly butterflied                     -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: PLEASE Include the Packing Slip

3. Check Postage before mailing

Views: 6373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay Rebecca, get counting out bundles and be thrilled when it all is ready to send off to SA  :)))))

The OCTOBER 2019 Squares List is available.

MONTHLY TOTALS:

In October we recorded 406 parcels containing 25.798 squares,

equal to 737 blankets!

Many other items were received, such as hats, hand warmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~~

Please find below the squares list as an attachment:  2019 OCTOBER SQUARES LIST.pdf and click on it to open it:

Attachments:

The NOVEMBER 2019 Squares List is available.

MONTHLY TOTALS:

In November we recorded 173 parcels containing 10,163 squares,

equal to 290 blankets!

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM RONDA:

Unfortunately and we sincerely regret it that there are 5 parcels languishing at the Post Office at present, unlikely to be allowed through until next year now. The following people (see below) may be concerned, having posted the parcels months ago now … and for various reasons large customs tariffs have been placed on them. It is taking MONTHS to get any change in status from the Central Sorting Room Authorities these days. They know that the parcels are for a charity organisation - Knit a Square - but despite that they abide by their rules and held up parcels for the slightest misunderstandings.

In most cases the reason is that there are no signs saying “BONA FIDE GIFT FOR CHARITY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE” and people have INSURED their parcels so are obliged, then, TO PUT A VALUE on them instead of being able to write “NIL”.

It concerns the parcels of:

- GARY AND STEPHANY NYE – PHOENIX ARIZONA USA

- WIMBERLEY UMC – TEXAS (this parcel has been waiting 3 or 4 months now)

- JADE - BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA

- CROATIA – a large box from KAS Croatia, waiting at least 3 months

- WILLIAM FELTS

We DO regret that your parcels are still waiting, we so appreciate what you all do to warm the children, so please DO NOT REGISTER, INSURE or USE TRACKING NUMBERS for your parcels, packages or boxes. It is imperative that we (the senders) take great care in filling out the CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please find here the link to the POSTAL INSTRUCTIONS:

http://square-circle-forum.ning.com/forum/topics/postage-information-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~~~

Please find below the squares list as an attachment:  2019 NOVEMBER SQUARES LIST.pdf and click on it to open it:

Attachments:

I note that u clearly explain on the Main page of KAS about how to send the parcels and about not insuring them    Rhonda perhaps with those five parcels and the names above you could write the amount asked by the post office next to each name, the senders might read it and forward the money to release the parcels.  At the very least it will also show others that it is well above the $US3.75 fee charged 

also I read your note by going via a HERE link  under the December squares list and if I had not clicked I may not have seen it.

i know you have been typing your fingers with great patience for a long time to get the label used correctly. 
it is tough to have many hours of work and love trapped in storage.  xxx Maudie

I think its a good idea to make a note on the squares list.  Maybe 'postage charged R X.  Please read our postage instructions on the forum'. or something similar.  They might send the money but hopefully at least would not do it again. 
There have been a number of reminders put out on the forum, the website and facebook plus in KAS Snippets. 

Thank you Joan, for your reaction and suggestions. Good to know that there have been a number of reminders put out on the forum, the website and facebook plus in KAS Snippets.

From my side, in the squares lists (PDF document), each month the following links are included:

- a link for the worldwide Postage Instructions Discussion Page in which a.o. is mentioned that KAS has to pay custom fees

- a link for the Revised Packing Slip Discussion Page which also has a link to the Postage Information

- a link to the Financial Report Discussion Page in which a.o. is mentioned that Ronda has to pay postal charges

- an announcement "do not register or insure your parcel"

- an announcement "avoid courier services, contact KAS first"

What more can we do?

I am afraid that the senders of the languishing parcels are no members of the forum (I checked names and there was no match). So hopefully the reminders put out to other "channels" will bring the problem to their attention.

I thought the suggestion was to make it a more direct comment to the person who sent the parcel which incurred additional charges.  That might sound a bit passive aggressive but as long as it is put as information rather than looking like a shaming, it should be ok.  People will look to see their own name on the list, so if there is a line underneath pointing out that there was a cost to their parcel, they can't ignore it.
I'm sure that there are some people who don't check the lists, but there is only so much that can be done.

I thought about that too, I will ask Ronda how she feels about it (in case the parcels have not been picked up yet by KAS) The strange thing is, that nobody of the languishing parcels ever asked for the status. We on the other hand can't contact them, because we don't have their email addresses.

Joan, I contacted Ronda and she informed me that the parcels have been picked up from the Post Office and will be recorded in the January Squares List.

Hi Maudie,

Please see my response to Joan. Also I will ask Ronda about the status of the languishing parcels.

Maudie, I contacted Ronda and she informed me that the parcels have been picked up from the Post Office and will be recorded in the January Squares List.

The December 2019 Squares List is available.

OVERALL TOTALS 2019:

In December we recorded 70 parcels containing 5.377 squares, equal to 153 blankets.

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~~~~~

Please find below the squares list as an attachment:  2019 DECEMBER SQUARES LIST.pdf and click on it to open it:  

Attachments:

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2019

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JANUARY 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

KNIT DIAGONAL SQUARE

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service